IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups

Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups  Empty IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:39 pm

PLEASE NOTE: The event starts at 9:00pm GMT but the lobby will open around the below times for free practice.

Times
The America's
Saturday 29th July 
Eastern Time Zone: 3:30pm
Central Time Zone: 2:30pm
Mexico: 3:30pm
Mountain Time Zone: 1:30pm
Western Time Zone: 12:30pm
Europe
Saturday 29th July
UK: 8:30pm
Germany: 9:30pm
Netherlands: 9:30pm
Denmark: 9:30pm
Finland: 10:30pm
[/tr

Assists
Braking Assist:Off
ABS: Off
Traction Control: Off
Dynamic Racing Line: Yes (optional)
Gearbox: Manual or Manual or Automatic

S

All IndyCar drivers please indicate your interest in taking part in the preseason test please post IN, MAYBE or OUT below no later than 7:00pm GMT on the day
IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups  Img_1710

Lobby Settings
Timer: 60 minute race
Force interior view: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Force Default Setups: No
Allow ABS: Yes (comes up automatically)
Allow Stability Control: No
Allow Traction Control: No
Damage: Performance Impacting
Failures: Yes
Tyre Wear: Real
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Engine Start: Yes
Flags and Penalties: On
Allow Ghosted Vehicles: Yes
In Game Time: X2

Weather: LIGHT CLOUD
Time: Session Start Time: 14:00 in game
Racing: (6)
- DSRLReadingRich (Host)
- OctoberDusk06
- Hammerpgh
- Hurt MaGurt
- DSRL Webbers88
- Shneeb108

Out: (3)
- LeMarrrrr
- niblips
- Epileptic Toast

MAY BE ()

IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups  Img_1714

IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups  Img_1715

Last edited by DSRLReadingRich on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:29 am; edited 11 times in total

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups  Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:56 am

And in

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups  Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Round 10 Brno Czech Republic July 29 sign ups

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:51 am

in

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:18 am

Can't break into the 1:30s here yet...gonna need that practice. lol.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:25 am

Haven to done any yet been bouncing between Assetto and public lobbies hopefully once I get my CR-V looking all clean again I'll have a bit of time.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:15 pm

In.

Same here haven't touched the track at all. Only time here was for a Formula C race over 2 years ago (can you believe it's that long since that series Rob!!). Really good track from what I remember though.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Yeah it's a really nice track with some nice overtaking spots.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:04 am

Quick heads-up for you, Niblips cannot make this one as he is away this week.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:46 am

Well, if Rob is getting anywhere near 1:30's then he is running away with this one Shocked  Had my first run around the track this morning and gradually built the speed up with a best lap of 1:43.3... 1:40's maybe be possible but 1:30's!!!!!

I was using Helmet cam with full look to apex for the session (first time in these cars as i'm getting as much practice that way as possible in preperation for the 1000km Watkins Glen race) so that may have impacted the times a bit but I don't think by that much.

If anyone has yet to try the helmet cam with look to apex I recommend it.. so much more immersive. I used to drive with it for a while in a series me and Rob ran but stopped using it for some reason. Think i'll be sticking with it form now on though.

Great choice on the track btw Rich.. this one reminds me in some respects of Barber which I love and wish was included in a game for us all to enjoy. Layout is obviously different but something about the way it flows reminds me of it.

Should be a lot of fun on Saturday.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:09 pm

IN
Peter Stefani
GT: Shneeb108
Livery #78

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 am

Middle of the week and up take is looking low this week

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:05 am

Yeah, looking a bit sparse at the moment. There has tended to be a few late joiners though so still time for the grid to fatten out a bit.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:59 pm

IN Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:16 pm

In

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:58 am

Hammerpgh wrote:Well, if Rob is getting anywhere near 1:30's then he is running away with this one Shocked  Had my first run around the track this morning and gradually built the speed up with a best lap of 1:43.3... 1:40's maybe be possible but 1:30's!!!!!

Great choice on the track btw Rich.. this one reminds me in some respects of Barber which I love and wish was included in a game for us all to enjoy. Layout is obviously different but something about the way it flows reminds me of it.

Should be a lot of fun on Saturday.

Sorry mate I've only just read all the post properly. I'm changing my today and have been totally immersed in cleaning it in and out as work have the right to charge for a valet at £60 a throw.

I was trying to put my finger on which track this reminded me of and yes Barber is a bit like Brno.
Brno also has far more track extension than I remember but then again these are the most high powered cars I've taken round so no doubt they use more of the track.

My current quickest is a 1:42.7 which quickly tapered off as the front left ate its self in around 7 laps

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:15 am

Sounds like we might be close on track based on our current times Rich. I hope to get a decent practice in either later today or more likely tomorrow night. I didn't find the tyre wear too bad tbh. I was only using the default setup as well.. no matter what I did my loaded setup would not stay put when I went to the session.. no idea why as I did nothing different to usual. Another of those little pCars quirks we so love :roll:

Don't forget that niblips is out for this one, he's away and asked me to post it here so just a little reminder Wink

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:11 pm

The weather slot has been updated and it's LIGHT CLOUD

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:49 pm

out sorry Crying or Very sad

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Good luck tonight everyone.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Practice lobby is open

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:00 am

What a great nights racing even with the low grid numbers and it was a shame that Webbers88 got Dashed.
I had no real practice all week being preoccupied with changing my car over at work.
Changed a few settings ever so slightly in free practice as the gaps during that session looked huge with 2 second gaps for the hole group and at the time there was only 4 cars on track.
Come qualifying I managed to get into the 1:39's and after inviting a couple more guys into the game and with about 20 mins to go I went out and my engineer kept saying you set a new best sector but no time was coming up. Then as I crossed the line the 1:39.4 came up out of nowhere.
Come the race I got a great start but had a couple of slides which got the front left really hot a spin was coming and McNasty and OctoberDusk06 went through and Hammerphg was .5 sec off my gearbox. The gaps went back and forth between .5 and 1.5 sec between October, myself and Hammer but I again pushed to hard and slid into a spin and down into 4th. Once on my own I found it hard to catch back up with P2 and 3 having drafting partners to help them along there way.
P4 was the end result but great fun trying to hunt down OctoberDusk06 towards the end.
Bring on Brands Hatch GP in a couple of weeks.

Winner: McNasty0421
2nd: Hammerphg
3rd: OctoberDusk06

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:03 am

Sounds like you guys had some great racing. Really didn't go to plan for me. Only qualified 5th. Its not a track I seem to get on particularly with. First corner and I had a massive tank slapper and it put me straight into the wall. Ran 4-5 laps at a heavily reduced race an then got dashboarded. So yeah not a great night at all.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:37 am

Just wanted tho pop on here to say... WOW!! That was just fantastic. Some really close, clean and fast racing throughout. Spent most of the race either facing a gearbox or with someone looking at mine. Tense throughout with one mistake likely too cost a couple of places. Awesome!!!

Great battle with Rich over the opening laps before getting past when he got out of shape in sector 2. Then it was a chase down of Rob about 5 seconds up the road. Closed up on him quickly but getting past was another matter entirely. Less then a second seperated us but he's always tough to overtake and when that chance comes you better take it because they don't come very often.  So I had to bide my time waiting for the right opportunity. It finally came when he got a bit out of shape exiting the penultimate corner and allowed me to get close enough to make a p2p overtake down the start/ finish straight. Side by side around turn 1 but i just had enough to hold the position on the exit and take the place.

The gap to Eric in the lead car was just over 15 seconds so a bit of a stretch to make that up and over the laps before he pitted the gap stayed pretty much the same as did that to Rob and Rich behind showing how close it was between us all. I did think I would be able to pull away from Rob after getting past but he stuck to my tail like a leech and stayed within a second right up until we both pitted at the end of that stint... about lap 21 I think.

Took on four tyres and a full tank of fuel and toom the opportunity to start my Twitch running having neglected to do so at the start. Rob in the box ahead left just before me having not taken on fresh rubber and as we got up to speed the gap was just over 5 seconds with Rich now about 12 seconds behind. As with the first don't I managed to close the gap down fairy quickly but again had no easy job finding my way past so just kept the pressure on until eventually managing to once again get close enough out of the final corner to use p2p to get alongside down the start/finish straight and brake just a bit later to edge ahead. Once again we were side by side round turn 1 and I just squeezed ahead once more to move into second place with Eric 10 seconds ahead in first place. Rob stayed close over the next couple of laps but the wearing rubber started to take its toll and gradually the gap grew relieving the pressure on me and leaving me concentrate on keeping it clean and error free. The gap to Eric came down to just over 7 seconds but never enough to give me any hope of challenging for the win.

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole race and pretty surprised too have decent pace after no practice.

Unfortunately I'm missing the next one at Brands as I'll be on holiday but look forward to the one after that.

Well done everyone on some great racing and congrats to all who made it to the flag. Good job

Here's the second half of my race..

Last edited by Hammerpgh on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding video)

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:09 am

That was indeed fantastic. Thanks to Eric, Peter and Rich for racing clean and fast, as usual. Peter was especially close to me (both coming and going, which is what he did), but it seems that someone always is in this series. It's probably the tightest bunch I have raced with.

Like that helmet view Peter! Anything that puts you closer to the tilt line, and turn to apex is a good thing! I run the helmet cam (I think it does have a bot more look to apex than straight cockpit) too. Have since I started, but not with the helmet or the fogged out controls. Loved your video though, since it's hard hitting.

Peter seemed like he was destined to pass, but when he did, I thought, okay...that's over now, go get him. lol. Strange. I guess both of us were better chasers. I always like that position too...only not having the chasee pull away so fast in the second stint. Mad

What really doomed me was my own tire choice. Not only did I make the wrong call (again) but I forgot to change the tire pressure form, oh I dunno, say a street car. Jesus. So, my whole second stint, the back tires were about 1.2 billion degrees. Amazing they didn't fall off. They leveled out at 250 luckily, but they were still greasy. Then, I got damage to top it all off. I ran into a tire. lol. And then ran into the back of Peter, him being all slow-ass at that point, but I tried to go through him instead of around him. That never works. But a fantastic race in any case. This is going down to the wire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMuVMCTL1CI

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down