IndyCar World Challenge round 3 Silverstone GP sign up

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IndyCar World Challenge round 3 Silverstone GP sign up Empty IndyCar World Challenge round 3 Silverstone GP sign up

Post by Guest Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:37 pm

PLEASE NOTE: The event starts at 9:00pm GMT but the lobby will open around the below times for free practice.

Times
The America's
Saturday April 22nd  
Eastern Time Zone: 3:30pm
Central Time Zone: 2:30pm
Mexico: 3:30pm
Mountain Time Zone: 1:30pm
Western Time Zone: 12:30pm
Europe
Saturday April 22nd
UK: 8:30pm
Germany: 9:30pm
Netherlands: 9:30pm
Denmark: 9:30pm
Finland: 10:30pm

Assists
Braking Assist:Off
ABS: Off
Traction Control: Off
Dynamic Racing Line: Yes (optional)
Gearbox: Manual or Manual or Automatic

S

All IndyCar drivers please indicate your interest in taking part in the preseason test please post IN, MAYBE or OUT below no later than 7:00pm GMT on the day

Lobby Settings
Timer: 60 minute race
Force interior view: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Force Default Setups: No
Allow ABS: Yes (comes up automatically)
Allow Stability Control: No
Allow Traction Control: No
Damage: Performance Impacting
Failures: Yes
Tyre Wear: Real
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Engine Start: Yes
Flags and Penalties: On
Allow Ghosted Vehicles: Yes
In Game Time: X2

Weather:  Medium Cloud
Time: Session Start Time: 6:00pm in game
Racing: (6)
- DSRLReadingRich (Host)
- Lemarrrrr
- Hurt MaGurt
- Hammerpgh
- OctoberDusk06
- WoodyLizard
- EpilepticToast

Out: (1)
- Rebel Whitey

Last edited by DSRLReadingRich on Mon May 01, 2017 2:29 pm; edited 9 times in total

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge round 3 Silverstone GP sign up Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge round 3 Silverstone GP sign up

Post by Guest Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 pm

In
Points scores from the last round will be up i before Saturday. There are a lot of holidays/ public holidays going on in the U.K. So I'm a bit behind for which I apologise.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge round 3 Silverstone GP sign up Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge round 3 Silverstone GP sign up

Post by Lemarrrrrr Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm in Rich, if you have a spare grid slot

Lemarrrrrr

Lemarrrrrr

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:03 pm

In

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 am

Lemarrrrrr wrote:I'm in Rich, if you have a spare grid slot
You have a place fella

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:15 am

In.

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Looking forward for this one too... hopefully the team have put in a bigger fuel tank for me Embarassed

Some practice needed in the next few days Smile

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Just had my first practice for this one.. boy I'm struggling... 100% AI are in the 1:38's and I'm not within 5 seconds of them!! Braking points are proving difficult to get right at the moment and that sun setting into Brooklands/Luffield is really tough.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:16 am

I'm know where near that quick (as usual) are you doing it at the right time of day with X2 time sync? And. If so is that the reason you struggling with you braking point?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 am

Yeah I'm setting it for 6pm and x2. It's definitely one of the reasons for the struggling as that sunset is making judging certain corners really difficult..the glare is right in your face lol. Good challenge though so all good. I'll probably test a bit earlier in the day to get a rythm and then have another run at the correct time. Always love Silverstone but this is the first time there in these cars and they are much tougher than F1 at the moment.

Last edited by Hammerpgh on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 am

In. Would like a in game time change though like 4pm. All good either way.

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 pm

WoodyLizard wrote:In. Would like a in game time change though like 4pm. All good either way.

I was waiting for some one to say that. If the weather is heavy cloud or any sort of rain then yes they'll be a time change.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:Yeah I'm setting it for 6pm and x2. It's definitely one of the reasons for the struggling as that sunset is making judging certain corners really difficult..the glare is right in your face lol. Good challenge though so all good. I'll probably test a bit earlier in the day to get a rythm and then have another run at the correct time. Always love Silverstone but this is the first time there in these cars and they are much tougher than F1 at the moment.

I'm struggling with maggots all the way through to chapel I'm really struggling to get through there at speed. More downforce I think still my biggest issue will be if my bloody wheel will survive the night.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 pm

For those struggling with the setting sun....have you edited your visual settings at all? I turned off the "Lens Flare" setting a while ago. This is something that a camera artificially creates and is not normally seen by the eye without a lens. If you were really driving a car into the sunset you would not see Lens Flare. I had these troubles in a GT race we did at SIC last year and found this to help a lot.

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 am

Hurt MaGurt wrote:For those struggling with the setting sun....have you edited your visual settings at all? I turned off the "Lens Flare" setting a while ago. This is something that a camera artificially creates and is not normally seen by the eye without a lens. If you were really driving a car into the sunset you would not see Lens Flare. I had these troubles in a GT race we did at SIC last year and found this to help a lot.
Good point I'll have a look at this before our race.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:43 am

DSRLReadingRich wrote:
Hammerpgh wrote:Yeah I'm setting it for 6pm and x2. It's definitely one of the reasons for the struggling as that sunset is making judging certain corners really difficult..the glare is right in your face lol. Good challenge though so all good. I'll probably test a bit earlier in the day to get a rythm and then have another run at the correct time. Always love Silverstone but this is the first time there in these cars and they are much tougher than F1 at the moment.

I'm struggling with maggots all the way through to chapel I'm really struggling to get through there at speed. More downforce I think still my biggest issue will be if my bloody wheel will survive the night.
The final part of Becketts is the toughest part for me there... 6th gear through Maggotts but then you have to get it so spot on into turn 12 for the entry to Becketts and anything less really compromises the speed through that part and consequently down the Hangar straight. Brooklands is another one that is tricky to get completely right consistently and Stowe is so easy to lose time at too.... In addition Copse is where I think plenty will run into trouble with running wide as the game penalises you there if you do it too often so I can see many being forced into that 'slow down' penalty which could really catch anyone out following behind so be aware of that :roll:

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Weather is now up guys and it's MEDIUM CLOUD.
And the in game start time remains at 18:00.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:33 am

Looking forward to it. IN.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:34 am

in

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Out.

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Had fun despite sucking majorly. Although the restart did kind of catch me out. It started me on Primes and I found the game has automatically done this for other cars if there is no drive-out by me before the race. Another bug. But other than that, it was a struggle. Sorry to those I dinged after sliding. There were so many times that the screen would just freeze, but some were all my own fault. I think I had the pace since I had the third fastest lap of the race, but just not the consistency. Story of my life. Congrats to Toast and all the podium getters. I know some had connection issues, maybe we should all post a speed test (ping) to where the host lives and have the host ping the furthest away. May give us a good idea who is most stable with the best concentration of players around. pCARS has been this way forever. And weekends are worse too.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi guys,
Firstly I'd like to apologise for the royal screw up which was tonight I had some issues with her in doors and then the stupid game decided to clear it self. But that's my fault for not having a back host sorted in advance which is some thing I shall rectify by the next race (hopefully) up side you all got to see me smash the record for clearing the pit straight backwards. OctoberDusk06 I'm glad you enjoyed it despite the lag/freeze issues which to be honest seem to be becoming more regular as if the game was Day one again, must be due in part to SMS diverting resources to the up coming new release.
Again my sincere apologies and congratulations to the podium finishers I look forward to the next meeting.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:56 am

Morning all,

Firstly thanks to all for the racing and for Rich for organising this great little series (apology not required). Loving it and just wish I had not had to miss my favourite at Willow. The game still throws so many curve balls though and if it wasn't so good I am sure we would all have given up on it by now. l We can but live in hope that SMS have got it right with number 2, I just hope that they do not release it before it’s ready. I would rather wait another 6 months and have it complete than get it early but bugged again. There’s plenty to keep us going for a while yet.

Seems several had that screen freeze issue this time out.. not something I have experienced since the early days.. my very first online race in fact back in distant June 2015! For me yet again and as always seems to be the case with online pCars for me it’s the wheel that I have issues with. Completely different online compared to offline where I have it feeling just how I like it with really good FFB and feel. As soon as I got on track Saturday evening it was clear as night and day that something was off. Very low FFB, sponginess to the feel and the DoR was out of whack. I popped in and out of the pit several times trying to get it to feel better with the car FFB settings but it’s the global ones that I needed to get to and of course you can’t do that without exiting the session and I really didn’t fancy risking that. Once I’m in I’m staying in lol.

Anyway, quali was ok.. about a second shy of my best offline time but not too bad. Race start was fine, all very clean from my perspective and the opening laps saw me moving up from my 5th place start to 3rd chasing down Leemar just ahead. He went off around the Maggots \ Becketts complex putting me up into 2nd about 7 seconds adrift of Nic. Had a nice dice with Leemarr for the rest of the session he got ahead at one point and I almost lost it when going over a kerb at Maggotts and my car launched into the air but luckily held it together. Passed him back a few laps later when he went off somewhere around the same place and then held the 2nd place through to the pit stop which came just after the 30 minutes mark with Webbers (I think) giving chase having got past Lemarrr.

After the stop I was out in 4th place but soon back up into second when everyone had made their stop. Nic was waay up the road by now so my efforts were just to try to hold onto that 2nd spot. The gap to 3rd place was around 5 seconds and then went up to about 9 I think. I was little concerned with fuel after what happened to me at Watkins lol so I was saving fuel quite a lot during the second half of the race, lifting and coasting and just managing the gap. I was struggling badly all race through Copse, the different feeling steering left me with no confidence through there and I was taking it very gingerly as a result and losing 4-5/tenths every through there alone and I was also well aware that it was the main place to pick up one of those annoying slow down penalties. The gap to 3rd (WoodyLizard) memory fails me at the moment lol) had come down consistently over the closing ten minutes but I was still fairly confident I could hold onto 2nd place as I had saved up pretty much all my p2p options, only using a couple of them around the pit stops and all the fuel saving had left me with more than enough to run full beans to try to ward off any challenge. But on the penultimate lap I ran wide out of Copse (doh!) and you got it.. s l o o o w down penalty.. allowing Woody a nice easy pass. Never really had a chance to catch back up after that as the loss of impetus from those penalties at such a quick part of the track is tough to recover from so crossed the line in 3rd place a few seconds adrift.

Really fun race though and can’t wait for Spa now Very Happy. Big shame was that Twitch failed to record.. I think the dropping out of the first race was probably the culprit and it only captured the quali session.

Last edited by Hammerpgh on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:18 am

Correction, it was me WoodyLizard who chased you at the end passing you on the 2nd last lap after your penalty.

Great racing by all.

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:35 am

WoodyLizard wrote:Correction, it was me WoodyLizard who chased you at the end passing you on the 2nd last lap after your penalty.

Great racing by all.
lol Nice one Woody.. that was fun Smile Not hving my recording to look back on I couldn't remember.. now edited Wink

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next