The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February) Empty The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February)

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:08 pm

The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February) Indyca17

PLEASE NOTE: The event starts at 9:00pm GMT but the lobby will open around the below times for free practice.

Times
The America's
Saturday February 25th
Eastern Time Zone: 3:30pm
Central Time Zone: 2:30pm
Mexico: 3:30pm
Mountain Time Zone: 1:30pm
Western Time Zone: 12:30pm
Europe
Saturday February 25th
UK: 8:30pm
Germany: 9:30pm
Netherlands: 9:30pm
Denmark: 9:30pm
Finland: 10:30pm

Assists
Braking Assist:Off
ABS: Off
Traction Control: Off
Dynamic Racing Line: Yes (optional)
Gearbox: Manual or Manual or Automatic

S

All IndyCar drivers please indicate your interest in taking part in the preseason test please post IN, MAYBE or OUT below no later than 7:00pm GMT on the day

Lobby Settings
For this event the lobby will be set to free practice
Timer:  1 hour and 30 minutes
Force interior view: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Force Default Setups: No
Allow ABS: Yes (comes up automatically)
Allow Stability Control: No
Allow Traction Control: No
Damage: Performance Impacting
Failures: Yes
Tyre Wear: Real
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Engine Start: Yes
Flags and Penalties: On
Allow Ghosted Vehicles: Yes
In Game Time: X2

Weather: Clear 
Time: Session Start Time: 1:00pm in game
Racing (12)
ReadingRich host
Rebel Whitey
Dragon7011
Hammerpgh
SRL DirtyMike
ncINFIDELcb
WoodyLizard
OctoberDusk06
Hurt McGurt
DaftGhostOne
MrDriftNinja
Zarf

MAYBE: (2)
wcborstel999
HRT Murphy

OUT: (2)

LeeWoodman
EpilepticToast

Last edited by ReadingRich on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 14 times in total

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February) Empty Re: The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February)

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi guys,
Registration is now up for this event.
Remember this is a test session and is non point scoring.
It will be set to free practice for a hour and a half from 9:00pm GMT though I will open the lobby around 30 mins earlier with a practice session running for invites and party joining.
And since I'm here I will post IN Very Happy

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February) Empty Re: The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February)

Post by Rebel Whitey Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:46 pm

IN.

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February) Empty The DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, Prologue/Test session: Sakito GP Japan (25th February)

Post by dragon7011 Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:03 pm

In

dragon7011

dragon7011

​

Back to top Go down

Post by SRL DirtyMike Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:17 pm

IN

SRL DirtyMike

SRL DirtyMike

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:06 am

IN

Didn't realise this was just a practice session event. But that's cool.. looking forward to it.

What's a decent time to be aiming for around here. Fired up pCars for the first time yesterday.. good to be back Very Happy

Are we ok to post in this thread regarding practice, setups, advice, etc? If not maybe we could have some kind of Paddock Chat area for such things.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:IN

Didn't realise this was just a practice session event. But that's cool.. looking forward to it.

What's a decent time to be aiming for around here. Fired up pCars for the first time yesterday.. good to be back Very Happy

Are we ok to post in this thread regarding practice, setups, advice, etc? If not maybe we could have some kind of Paddock Chat area for such things.

Just a test session in order to test things like ping and for people to get a good run in the car in traffic, may chat set ups and things like that.
Because the car has a fine margin between running and blowing up and the are a lack of lobbies running the car I thought it would be a good idea.
To be honest a haven't massively run at sakito so I'm not sure about lap times. It was mostly picked so if anyone missed the test they wouldn't be at a disadvantage come a proper points race

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Sounds good to me. I haven't run an online session in ages so it will be a good chance to test it out again. Do the problems of loss of FFB at the start of a race still happen? That was a real pain the last league I was running in.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarf Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:26 pm

What time is decent at this track?

Zarf

Zarf

​

Back to top Go down

Post by SRL DirtyMike Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:32 pm

I've noticed that these cars won't go past 20 laps . The engine blows!  I was in a league that we ended up turning mechanical failures off. 

Good time at SUKKITTTO- 1.23-24''S using 2 PTP's

SRL DirtyMike

SRL DirtyMike

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarf Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:38 pm

SRL DirtyMike wrote:I've noticed that these cars won't go past 20 laps . The engine blows!  I was in a league that we ended up turning mechanical failures off. 

ptps?

Zarf

Zarf

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Push to pass... Indycar version of kers.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:30 pm

SRL DirtyMike wrote:I've noticed that these cars won't go past 20 laps . The engine blows!  I was in a league that we ended up turning mechanical failures off. 

I would suggest that must be setup or shifting related because I've raced these in a league well beyond 20 laps. Not setting the radiator too closed or something are you?

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:19 am

You can most definitely get the car to last more than 20 laps with failures on you just have to remember to open your side pods up for the race and to try and keep the car moving as much as possible.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:38 pm

maybe for now, not certain if I'll make this one.

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by ncINFIDELcb Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:09 pm

yes sir I'm in........haven't really played PC IN A WHILE UNTIL RECENTLY.......STRUGGLING WITH HANDLING OF THE INDY...SO PRACTICE AND RUNNING LAPS WITH YOU GUYS LOOK FORWARD TO

ncINFIDELcb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:14 am

Driver list above updated.
Just to let people know assists will be set to Real but ABS will show as ON.
I'm not sure why just a in game error.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DaftGhostOne Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:19 am

IN

DaftGhostOne

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:30 am

In

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by wcborstel999 Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:23 pm

maybe

wcborstel999

wcborstel999

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTX825MK1uRoCG4Bz3u5ZnQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:09 pm

Hope to get some laps in over the next few days. Looking forward to some fun here Smile

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:44 am

Hammer and I ran an IndyCar league that petered out, but was fun for a while. Things we learned were that:
1, There were a number of push-to-pass options that should be used strategically. This is a good primer:

2. To mimic real race strategy, and to have a way to encourage the "red and black" tire rule, 3x tire wear was run. You could, of course, mandate a pit stop, but that damn sign pops up every lap. lol.

3. Determined that the best way to start was to use the "rolling start" in the game, since we always ended up having to fix wheel issues. Here was the rule --
Starts will be rolling, with a parade lap preceding he rolling start. 70-80MPH is the formation lap speed and it is the responsibility of all cars to allow ample room for others (single file) until the final sector, where cars should line up two-by-two and be ready to start. The start may commence as soon as the lead car is in plain sight of the flag stand, but before that driver reaches the start/finish line. The lead driver shall announce the start upon or before acceleration by saying “green flag, green flag”. If the lead driver cannot do this, it falls to #2. All starts will be reviewed by the Series Directors for fairness. No car many “jump” the start and the lead driver must adhere to the above procedure for all starts.

4. Like the real wheel -- http://www.indycar.com/Fan-Info/INDYCAR-101/The-Car-Dallara/The-Cockpit - you can get creative with button mapping in pCARS, like roll bars, cycle the HUD display on the wheel (to get rid of the one on the screen), and play with the brake bias.

Just suggestions Rich. I love the way this league is set up...no assists and tracks that come close to the real ones in flavor! Can't wait.

Oh yea, IN :bounce:

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by EP3 Murphy Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Maybe - depending on what time I get finished in the garage

EP3 Murphy

EP3 Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by DaftGhostOne Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:58 pm

How long will this go for? I actually won't be able to stay past 2:30 (west time) due to work.

DaftGhostOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:00 pm

As this is a prologue / test session there is no requirement for the amount of time you spend in the session. You can join late or leave early if you need to.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next