IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May Empty IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May

Post by Guest Mon May 01, 2017 2:33 pm

PLEASE NOTE: The event starts at 9:00pm GMT but the lobby will open around the below times for free practice.

Times
The America's
Saturday April 22nd  
Eastern Time Zone: 3:30pm
Central Time Zone: 2:30pm
Mexico: 3:30pm
Mountain Time Zone: 1:30pm
Western Time Zone: 12:30pm
Europe
Saturday April 22nd
UK: 8:30pm
Germany: 9:30pm
Netherlands: 9:30pm
Denmark: 9:30pm
Finland: 10:30pm

Assists
Braking Assist:Off
ABS: Off
Traction Control: Off
Dynamic Racing Line: Yes (optional)
Gearbox: Manual or Manual or Automatic

S

All IndyCar drivers please indicate your interest in taking part in the preseason test please post IN, MAYBE or OUT below no later than 7:00pm GMT on the day

Lobby Settings
Timer: 60 minute race
Force interior view: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Force Default Setups: No
Allow ABS: Yes (comes up automatically)
Allow Stability Control: No
Allow Traction Control: No
Damage: Performance Impacting
Failures: Yes
Tyre Wear: Real
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Engine Start: Yes
Flags and Penalties: On
Allow Ghosted Vehicles: Yes
In Game Time: X2

Weather:  LIGHt CLOUD
Time: Session Start Time: 06:00 am in game
Racing: (6)
- DSRLReadingRich (Host)
- OctoberDusk06
- Hammerpgh
- WoodyLizard
- Lamarrrr
- niblips
Out: (1)
- Hurt MaGurt

MAY BE (1)
- Epileptic Toast

Last edited by DSRLReadingRich on Thu May 11, 2017 6:24 pm; edited 10 times in total

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May

Post by Guest Mon May 01, 2017 2:37 pm

In

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May

Post by Hurt MaGurt Mon May 01, 2017 3:10 pm

In

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Tue May 02, 2017 2:57 pm

in

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 pm

It's Spa.. of course I am IN Very Happy

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Tue May 02, 2017 9:09 pm

In

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemarrrrrr Thu May 04, 2017 11:22 am

in please Richard Very Happy

Lemarrrrrr

Lemarrrrrr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 11:30 am

Lemarrrrrr wrote:in please Richard Very Happy

Your in fella

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 pm

I'm really sorry guys but i'm going to have to be out for this one

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Thu May 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Anybody done any practice here yet? I'm struggling to get below 2:00 while the fastest AI are at 95% are in the 1:55's!!

Love the early morning start time here Smile

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri May 05, 2017 10:15 am

I've got someone else interested in this so are they good to join us for tomorrow if I get them to sign up?

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 05, 2017 11:35 am

Ok Hurt no probs I'm probably not racing Sunday so have a nice weekend.

Hammerpgh, after racing the AI a couple of times this week I would take there lap times all that serious. I'm not saying the car can't do a 1:55 but looking at how they cut the chicains with no repocusions who no how accurate they are. My fastest with out PP is a 1:58.2 I'm sure some of the guys are much quicker but how much I'm not sure.

And yeah I have no problem with any one joking just get them to pick a number of some one who hasn't raced and they can be that one.

Weather is up early as well ( I might have to stay on tonight)

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri May 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Yeah, I had another run out yesterday and was also in the 58's for pretty much the 30 minute session I was practicing. Should be interesting with the fuel based on the practice.

I've notified him and provided the links so he should be good for this one.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Fri May 05, 2017 4:08 pm

In.
Although i'm not sure how fast i'll be. I've only played this game once and only done about a dozen laps around the circuit in the car without any traffic. I'm way behind on how this game works but hope to figure it all out before race time. I've only done a 2:01 atm and can't figure out how to use push to pass. Do i have to map the button or something?
I hope to get a practice race in tonight because i have no idea how the pit stops work.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri May 05, 2017 4:44 pm

niblips wrote:In.
Although i'm not sure how fast i'll be. I've only played this game once and only done about a dozen laps around the circuit in the car without any traffic. I'm way behind on how this game works but hope to figure it all out before race time. I've only done a 2:01 atm and can't figure out how to use push to pass. Do i have to map the button or something?
I hope to get a practice race in tonight because i have no idea how the pit stops work.
Good to see you on board Karl..

Yep p2p you need to map to one of your buttons. You only get 10 uses of it throughout the race and it's not available in the practice or quali sessions either.

Make sure you set a pit stop strategy before the race and you also have to make sure it is enabled as the one to use by highlighting it and pressing 'Y'

When you come into the pits the menu will pop up giving you the option to view or edit your strategy but also you have to remember to close the menu otherwise you'll be sitting there waiting with nothing happening.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Fri May 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:

Yep p2p you need to map to one of your buttons. You only get 10 uses of it throughout the race and it's not available in the practice or quali sessions either.

Make sure you set a pit stop strategy before the race and you also have to make sure it is enabled as the one to use by highlighting it and pressing 'Y'

When you come into the pits the menu will pop up giving you the option to view or edit your strategy but also you have to remember to close the menu otherwise you'll be sitting there waiting with nothing happening.
It should be easy enough to find a button to map it to, when i was fiddling around last night i found that 2 of the buttons are mapped to up shift and down shift, that's on top of the paddles on the wheel.

Hopefully i'll be able to figure out all the strategy stuff and the tyres stuff.... you mentioned you could tell how much life was left in the tyres..... where do you view that? Is that part of the 'tyre temps / friction / force' screen you can toggle to?

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 05, 2017 9:44 pm

Welcome to The DSRL niblips and welcome to the series.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sat May 06, 2017 12:28 pm

niblips wrote:
Hammerpgh wrote:

It should be easy enough to find a button to map it to, when i was fiddling around last night i found that 2 of the buttons are mapped to up shift and down shift, that's on top of the paddles on the wheel.

Hopefully i'll be able to figure out all the strategy stuff and the tyres stuff.... you mentioned you could tell how much life was left in the tyres..... where do you view that? Is that part of the 'tyre temps / friction / force' screen you can toggle to?
The tyre indicators on the bottom right side of the screen show you the tyre wear Karl... the telemetry screen that you can toggle shows he same but also much more info but it's a bit too much while racing and I use in practice mainly.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Sat May 06, 2017 3:28 pm

I'm a maybe now due to clash with IMSA COTA race

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sat May 06, 2017 3:35 pm

Just home, but IN.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sat May 06, 2017 4:40 pm

EpilepticToast wrote:I'm a maybe now due to clash with IMSA COTA race

I thought that was delayed broadcast at 7pm EDT on FS1. Maybe you are able to watch live up there? Probably. Bastards. lol.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Sat May 06, 2017 4:48 pm

OctoberDusk06 wrote:

I thought that was delayed broadcast at 7pm EDT on FS1. Maybe you are able to watch live up there? Probably. Bastards. lol.

haha lol yeah they have the free livestream up for international viewers on Imsa.tv at 2:30pm Eastern. I don't know if it lets you watch being in the U.S but you could try it

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 06, 2017 7:10 pm

EpilepticToast wrote:
OctoberDusk06 wrote:

haha lol yeah they have the free livestream up for international viewers on Imsa.tv at 2:30pm Eastern. I don't know if it lets you watch being in the U.S but you could try it

We get the free live stream here as well.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sat May 06, 2017 8:23 pm

Don't know if anybody else has found this but there may be a tyre glitch in the game in general or maybe just here.

I wanted to test if the alternate tyres would last the whole race without losing too much grip and they looked easily capable as I approached my stop with well under 50% wear. Made my stop and started the out lap but after a couple of turns of sector 2 my fronts were red.. Overheating badly. The temps were in the 140's instead of 90-100 that they had been the whole of the first stint!!. Slowed down to get them cooled but when I put some pace in the same happened again. I had to pit to put on fresh tyres. Its got me concerned now so may have to take on tyres even if not needed just in case that happens in the race

I seem to remember a similar thing here in a GT3 league race back in the early days but thought bit had been patched.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Here's the results from Spa.
IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May Img_1711

I will try and put this up every race from now on.

After a bad first start (my fault) which took half the field out and the preceding restart I don't think the night in general was too bad.
I know Hammerpgh had wheel and com's issues and the niblips2 and OctoberDusk06 also had there's but as a hole it wasn't a bad night.
A big well done to the top 3
DSRL Webbers88
Lemarrrrrr
WoodyLizard

Look forward to the next meeting at the Nurburgring GP

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next