Round 4 Silverstone National Sign In!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 4 Silverstone National Sign In!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 4 Silverstone National Sign In!!!

Post by OctoberDusk06 Mon May 09, 2016 1:06 am

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Round 4 Silverstone National Sign In!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 4 Silverstone National Sign In!!!

Post by Hammerpgh Mon May 09, 2016 10:38 am

My three races from last night....

Thanks for the fun guys. Difficult for me to join in the chat as the wife and daughter are generally at the other end of the room watching a movie so my inane jabbering would interrupt their viewing and their movie noise in the background would probably be picked up by the mic which I am sure you could all do without!

Some great fun and exciting racing eventually.. the waiting was the only pain but I understand the problems the extra numbers cause. Great to see so many like minded drivers looking for some racing fun Smile The first time i've really experienced this in pCars having previously only had full grids in F1 series. Clearly need to get my qualifying in order as it's something I never work on preferring to concentrate on the race itself and working through the field but the possibility of split grids mean qualifying is much more important now.

Great battle with Dan and Rebel in the first split lobby. Grabbed the lead from Dan around lap 7 I think and then led for rest of it until the bit that mattered Sad . Thought I had it in the bag but was a bit too careful round the final turn and also left him a nice clear lane to draft me up to the line and he nabbed it by 2/thousandths lol. I had no idea until the results screen came up!! Great stuff.. thoroughly enjoyable race all through. The pit crew were berating me for not shutting the door on him but hey that's not my game.. where's the fun in that Wink

Second race was pretty eventful.. got nudged into the wall off the start resulting in slightly damaged suspension but the chaos around turn 1 and resultant safety car meant I could pit under caution although rejoining at the rear. Made some good progress and was running up in 6th at about the halfway point and then had an incident at Maggots with Dan I think.. I tihnk it ended his race and although I was able to carry on after limping to the pits I was a lap down when I rejoined. Managed to claw my way back to 11th before the finish.

Race 3 was a bit more straightforward, starting 6th and getting away cleanly before the safety car brought things back. Was running in the 4 but then a slight error, I think into Brooklands when I lost the back end, put me down a couple of places. Made one up when passing my team mate when he went wide out of Copse and was running in 5th for the rest of the race. Again backend caught me out at Brooklands on the penultimate lap and I almost collected my team mate but thankfully we both survived to come home in 5th and 6th although we lost a ton of time when we both seemed to be waiting for each other, each thinking the incident was our fault lol. I think a bit of team radio may be on the cards next time out.

I tried to give October the position at the end of the final lap as I felt I had impeded him when correcting my error the previous lap but it caused a bit of confusion and he almost collided with Rebel I think.. apologies for that but no harm done in the end.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 am

Firstly, can I please thank everyone who raced last night even with all the issues that we were facing. This was the first time here at the DSRL that we had the requirement to have 2 lobbies for qualifying and racing, which caught me quite off guard. This does further prove that if you intend on racing then please post 'IN' on the sign in thread. This will allow me and any other hosts the time to organise the lobby settings and who is going to qualify with who.

In the end, qualifying was as close as I expected it to be. It really is a track that shows off commitment and a very rapid car. I thought the racing is getting better and better. Yes there are still issues with lag but for most of the time it is really really good.

Thanks for everyones patience once again and hopefully there are lessons that can be learnt from and things can be better and more organised.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon May 09, 2016 11:36 am

Webbers88 wrote:Firstly, can I please thank everyone who raced last night even with all the issues that we were facing. This was the first time here at the DSRL that we had the requirement to have 2 lobbies for qualifying and racing, which caught me quite off guard. This does further prove that if you intend on racing then please post 'IN' on the sign in thread. This will allow me and any other hosts the time to organise the lobby settings and who is going to qualify with who.

In the end, qualifying was as close as I expected it to be. It really is a track that shows off commitment and a very rapid car. I thought the racing is getting better and better. Yes there are still issues with lag but for most of the time it is really really good.

Thanks for everyones patience once again and hopefully there are lessons that can be learnt from and things can be better and more organised.
With everything going on on the night you did a good job mate. It must be a nightmare trying to work these things out on the fly Crying or Very sad Connection wise I had no issues at all, smooth as silk but I know others seemed to be struggling.

It was certainly a lot of fun Smile

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 09, 2016 11:39 am

Yeah it was definitely a learning experience I have to say. My connection was alright. But I know there were others that were struggling and I did see it a couple of times but not many.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Mon May 09, 2016 1:59 pm

I do appreciate the hosts erring on the side of inclusiveness as opposed to a reserve system for drivers, even though it was difficult and proved to be a long wait. I had no issues myself, as I didn't mind the wait and the racing was fantastic. There is a good mix of speed and skill, with competition being very close. Lag issues were annoying, but TBH I felt like they were very very mild seeing how all of us were scattered across the globe. Sometimes posting a speed test to the host's city helps (I turn off all HUD, incl. the tags, as they kill immersion), but in general I just try to give more room. Being hardwired and kicking up my internet speed (had to finally cut the cable TV cord, which I will never regret) also helps. The only lag effect I experienced, though, was chirp/skipping, which ever really impacted my race. (As for chat, I have to turn the engine volume up after the start, which silences most chat in the race, for two reasons -- it's hard to hear the sound cues that are critical for racing unless the engine is dominant, and the chatter does not help concentration, as I can get all position information from vrHive and the Crew Chief app).

Race 1-  This was the stevelow/octoberdusk throw-down. lol. Has trouble with the first turn on both lap one and two, with me almost collecting Webber on #1, and allowing steve to close up on #2. Brooklands lap 6/7, I didn't try to defend much, as Steve seems to be faster at that point. The rest of the race was spent trying to spook/throw off/pressure him into a mistake. All of which failed miserably. lol. Steve showed poise and speed and it was a pleasure racing him. I'm not sure what caused him to pit on lap 18, as I didn't see any signs of contact or injury. I thought maybe we had shortened the race, but others seemed to race to the end. Sad, since steve clearly deserved that one.Sad  

Race 2 -- was the wild start. Tiger decided to go all "Red Bull Ar Race" on us (love that series...can't wait for the game from SMS, even if limited to the PC). It was if God Almighty yanked his car off the track and it went straight up. lol. I could see the floor plate of his car as he passed over me roughly at the speed of light. I was just lucky...that's all. I finally got the message after the first lap that a safety car was being deployed. The restart was incident free again, but I was soon in a Munlow Racing sandwich. Going int turn one, I felt an impact as if a car hit my rear, but the only explanation seems to be lag, as the Munlow car was far far behind going into the turn and the impact was not something that threw the off or a result of an overtaking move. I hope the car behind didn't get front end damage. After that, one of the Munlow cars shot off the track at the exit of Brooklands. Still have no idea what happened there. Next was ReadingRich, as I ran side by side into the kink Shocked with him! Tried to hold the line, but this car seemed to be having issues with sudden lock/opposite lock (lag?). Eventually got past, but was good clean racing fun for a while. Rich closed the gap, but some pit exit traffic got him, as I was lucky to get by the exiting car. I think it was Steve again who put some serious pressure on my at the end, but he suddenly shot off the track before T1 and I was able to keep the podium finish. Have no idea what happened to him. :pale:

Race 3 - This was the teammate throw-down. Hammer and I went at it hammer and tongs. Great fun, as we both tried to "out polite" each other. Next time, not so polite. :cyclops: No idea what happened to me into the first turn kink, but I was definitely snaking my way through. Looked like Steve (or McNasty) and I may have come together into 1, but hard to tell, as the collision was not seen, just felt. Managed to end up behind stevelow again! lol. Some serious drama allowed me to slot into 5th place as lap one ended. Again, lucky. After the restart, the teammate battle began. (We have number issues clearly, lol, so I'll take #59, since I got beaten by Mr. Hammer Neutral). Nothing but very close, clean racing until the end, when we both apparently thought the other deserved to finish ahead. Congrats to  aidtheace for taking the triple crown!

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Cheers Webbers

Good job at juggling all the balls and keeping them in the air !!!!!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Mon May 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Orange Tiger, that clip is awesome.
Here's my race 2 start...pretty much sums up this weekend for me.
http://xboxclips.com/Hurt+MaGurt/b48784de-fed1-48f8-98c5-841a7f8e07a1

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Mon May 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Race 1 was fine, no lag which meant as Hammer has said i stole a win by the smallest margain possible at the line, then moved into a full lobby and although my ping was just 11ms again to the host that i had no problems with in race 1 i was getting horrid skipping lag, this felt like it was only reacting to my inputs on the wheel in stages so telling if i had turned enough or braked enough was impossible, i managed it while on my own on track but once i got near others it got harder as they moved with teh skipping, one minute you would be 2 seconds behind me then you would be alongside me,lol, sadly in the end the skipping got me and i had stopped turning yet the game felt i was still turning and it turned me into the wall,lol

all in all i blame everyone in front of me in the points and they should all be docked all their points.

d4ninho

d4ninho
​​
​​

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Mon May 09, 2016 6:10 pm

i would also like a stewards on whoever was on their roof at turn 1, i'm pretty sure that's a track limits violation,lol

d4ninho

d4ninho
​​
​​

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 09, 2016 6:47 pm

That was me who was at turn 1 upside down Sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 7:13 pm

I had a complete nightmare from start to finish. Couldn't qualiy properly and was not even close to the times I'd been hitting all week. And in all 3 races I mad great starts but always seemed to find a wreck up front and spent time either in the pits or running with a crabbing car. I'm starting to feel like Maldonado's Padawan learner. But as ever another great Sunday of racing

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 09, 2016 7:14 pm

I suppose we all have race days like that. But hopefully they don't come around that often.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 7:18 pm

I think racing mostly GT3 in career mode doesn't help as there a lot more robust than a single seater.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Mon May 09, 2016 11:15 pm

I had a cracking race 1. Got the pole and pulled away at the start graddually from RD to 8 seconds. I then had a half spin in copse, gathered up and went on the attack to close down a 2 second lead on RD. Managed to retake the lead after a good run through turn 1 and had the job done into turn 2 and then RD unfortunately spun it. And race 3 i dont know how i went from 16th to 6th on the opening lap. I avoided like 3 crashes and spinning cars everywere and then on the saftey car restart overtook someone into turn 2. And then 3 people went wide into the last turn at luthfield and i swept around the inside to take 2nd. Webbers was then in the lead and i was on the back into copse. He ran a touch wide and the car twicthed and spat him into the wall.
On the whole. It was cracking racing by everybody

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2