Road America
Texas Motor Speedway - Oval
COTA
SPA
AZURE
Monza Classic reversed - Oval
Daytona - Oval

What do you think?

It probably wouldn't get that long as we have the holiday season coming in December which is historically a slow period for a attendance.
But mostly it's not a million miles apart from what I have in mind.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Real world IndyCar chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Real world IndyCar chat

Post by OctoberDusk06 Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:43 am

Shneeb108 wrote:A "maybe" type schedule:
Indianapolis  - Oval
Indianapolis Road
Streets Of Long Beach
Sonoma Racreway
Watkins Glen
Road America
Texas Motor Speedway - Oval
COTA
SPA
AZURE
Monza Classic reversed - Oval
Daytona - Oval

What do you think?

I like this. Except for COTA. lol. That track is an FIA abomination. This is a "no FIA zone" lol. Willow Springs, Brands Hatch, and Laguna Seca (they ran there at one point) are 100% closer to the American tracks. Azure, yes, but only because PC2 has no decent street courses. Those things are what make Indy so so difficult, along with the ovals. Detroit may be the most brutal race in the world, and they do it TWICE! lol. So, yea, I guess that poor excuse for a road course, the perfectly manicured "road" of Monaco would suffice.

Oh snap...I forgot the Indy road course was in there. Agree on all the ovals. Can you reverse Monza? That would be awesome. I have run all of the ovals and unfortunately, Indy is lifeless. Daytona and Texas are much better. But wow. Just...wow. I have no idea how those guys do it. It's like thinking you are going to die for 90 mins. Nobody can take that. lol. That's why ovals are special. It's racing for sure, but damn, it's completely different than road course racing, and you MUST have competent people around you. (Fernando is special, as is Nigel Mansell, but IndyCar drivers do that every year). In fact, you simply manage, cope, pray, and cooperate for all but the last 10 laps or so...when it gets super dangerous. One small small mistake and you are dead. Race over. Caution out. Finish under yellow. Love it. lol.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:19 am

The thing that puts me off “genuine fake Monaco” is the width of the track which is totally out of date with modern cars (as the real circuit is).
Monza oval is only one way round as far as I can tell unfortunately.
Oval are special I think you either get it or don’t and that goes for fans as well.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:28 am

DSRLReadingRich wrote:The thing that puts me off “genuine fake Monaco” is the width of the track which is totally out of date with modern cars (as the real circuit is).
Monza oval is only one way round as far as I can tell unfortunately.
Oval are special I think you either get it or don’t and that goes for fans as well.

I can't disagree with your about the "Azure" Circuit. This may sound crazy, but IndyCar has raced in some interesting places over the years. Although it goes back a ways, IndyCar has been to sites like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_CART_PPG_Indy_Car_World_Series, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_CART_PPG_Indy_Car_World_Series. A parking lot and an airport. So, places in the game, such as Brannnockobae (or whatever) would be entirely realistic. They even used to race around Elkhardt Lake, not the track, back in the day. Another consideration may be the Daytona infield, because they run hybrid circuits all the time.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:08 am

Daytona infield, I’d have never thought of that! Very Happy

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content