Real world IndyCar chat

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Real world IndyCar chat Empty Real world IndyCar chat

Post by OctoberDusk06 Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:56 am

2017 push to pass rule change:

• Overtake assist time allotment: Push-to-pass overtake assist in road and street races will be based on a maximum time allotment for each car instead of the number of uses. The events at the streets of St. Petersburg, Raceway at Belle Isle Park and Sonoma Raceway will have a total overtake time allotment of 150 seconds for each race, with the other road/street races set for 200 seconds. When a driver engages the overtake via a button on the steering wheel, it increases engine turbocharger boost pressure by 15 kilopascals (kPa) to 165 kPa – good for about 60 added horsepower. Once engaged, push-to-pass will run for a pre-established duration equivalent to approximately the time needed to drive the length of the track’s main straightaway (15-20 seconds). Drivers will now have the ability to disengage an overtake activation midway through its use to save time for a later use. In addition, push-to-pass will not be available at the start of a race or for any restarts, with the exception of a restart commencing with two laps remaining in the race.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Real world IndyCar chat Empty Real world IndyCar chat

Post by Guest Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:14 pm

If any body has any thing to say regarding real world IndyCar racing or its support series past or present then please post here.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Real world IndyCar chat Empty Re: Real world IndyCar chat

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:44 am

Nobody got anything to say about the weekends opening round of the Indycar season at St Pete's... terrific race and some excellent performances through the field. Very happy for Bourdais and his team.. If only Honda could get their act together so well in F1 at the moment Wink

Pagenaud still looks to be the guy to beat this year though...

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:15 pm

I've soon what I can on YouTube but the video guys back to the start of the race just after the first stops.
Happy to see the Honda cars are more competitive especially since it's been a bit of a Chevy track since they came in.
Pete im sure if HPD were involved in the F1 project it would be at least stable by now. Unfortunately being at least a year behind the others before even thinking of rejoining with McLaren and with current testing controls it's probably a big ask for them to catch up. On the other hand there are no other engine manufacturers cueing up to join either which says more about the current formula than does about Honda.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:56 pm

Finally got to watch it after IndyCar put a official full length broadcast on there YouTube channel here's a link for any one still interested.
https://youtu.be/U4iytNq1jm4

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:09 pm

I've got about 50 laps left to watch. Hinch was look very quick before Bourdais got ahead. Love IndyCar racing. Cars sounded and look awesome around some very challenging tracks.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Yeah, it would be amazing if they came back to the UK. Next year the cars should look even better and might even be a bit quicker with out the air box. Also there saying there's advanced talks with a European manufacturer to supply eniges, I'm thinking Alfa Romeo and it could even be next year if talks go well.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Do you guys not use Mobdro? You can get BT SPORT on that for free to watch the Indycar live or on the replays. Premier HD is also on there if you like your Nascar and every sports channel too for other sports. Failing that Kodi has everything on it so you never have to wait for the races.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:24 pm

I don't really use a PC every thing I do is on iPad and a lot of those sites are flaky at best on Apple

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:05 pm

That's a shame. I use them on my phone, tablet or pc. Can't comment on Apple stuff though as don't have anything Apple at all.

They aren't sites though but apps so might be worth looking into whether they have Apple equivalents.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Oh ok I'll have to have a look

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:27 pm

In the US Indycar is shown on ABC network, and my local news station decided to show 5 hours of St Patrick's local parade and history, instead of the national race broadcast. They never replayed the race but I found it on youtube. https://youtu.be/ZkQ9-7dda1U

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Oh, this rubbish

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:23 am

IndyCar is one of the few major series' that broadcasts every weekend, including the support races that are not televised, like Indy Lights and Pro Mazda, including the practices, w/o commercials. It's all on You tube. The actual races and delayed for a few days due to contract obligations with networks, but they are great qualify (nad commentary) the week after, if you can wait. My favorite are these almost eye level in car go-pro vids they make quite often.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy1F61QvUUQXAXi2Voa_fUw

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 am

Yeah you even get the wind noise when there going down the straights which is pretty cool.
I also enjoy the IndyLights races there post a lot of it on there Facebook and Twitter feeds as well which is good.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Well what news from Indianapolis today with McLaren and Alonso running in the 101st Indy 500. Not his biggest fan will be interesting to see how well he does.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:31 pm

For those who haven't seen the race last week here's the YouTube link and enjoy
https://youtu.be/yPPEjWx8nnE
Also what are your thoughts on Alonso doing the 500? I'm not sure he's the second coming he thinks he is but should be interesting and if nothing else highlights how great a series IndyCar is.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Its great news and I certainly can't wait to see how he gets on. It's not going to be easy though and he will need every lap of practice that he can get and even that won't fully prepare him for the race.  There's nothing he will have done so far that will compare to it.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:46 pm

See I'm not that keen on him I think he's a trouble maker and will stoop to any level when he doesn't get his own way like exposing spygate and Nelson Piquet Jr having a crash on purpose (I don't believe he knew nothing about the latter).
On the upside the exposure that IndyCar is getting is brilliant and it's about time.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:46 pm

For those of you that haven't seen the Pocono 500 miles raceit now in full as live (minus commercials) on the IndyCar YouTube channel.
https://youtu.be/7K-32D4aqOc

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:10 pm

I definitely want to and am looking forward to running some ovals in PC2. Indy 500

MichaeI Watts

MichaeI Watts

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 pm

DynoMight Racing wrote:I definitely want to and am looking forward to running some ovals in PC2. Indy 500
yeah proper buzzing for that. We will have some sort of "Indy Lights" style mini series before Christmas that will be oval only to get everyone used to oval racing and also to test the tracks out.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Don't know if you guys saw it but the IndyCar qualifying at the Glen was awesome tonight.
I love the way IndyCar stream so much live and show what they can't as live.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Real world IndyCar chat Empty pC2 Indy video

Post by Shneeb108 Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:47 am

DSRLReadingRich wrote:
DynoMight Racing wrote:I definitely want to and am looking forward to running some ovals in PC2. Indy 500
yeah proper buzzing for that. We will have some sort of "Indy Lights" style mini series before Christmas that will be oval only to get everyone used to oval racing and also to test the tracks out.

Interesting stuff.
Indy Car in pC2

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Shneeb108 wrote:
DSRLReadingRich wrote:

Interesting stuff.
Indy Car in pC2

I'm thinking of putting a couple of road courses in just to beef the series out a bit. Pretty much just waiting for the game to drop so I can look at setting then some thing will be up quick order.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next