DSRL RC: Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  Empty DSRL RC: Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS

Post by DSRL McDuff Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:16 pm

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  You_do11

The Table below will be updated after each round of the 4th DSRL RC is completed. Event Positions and Points are covered, along with Power stage points, Penalty points and Season standings/ points.

Last edited by DSRL McDuff on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  Empty Re: DSRL RC: Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS

Post by DSRL McDuff Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:37 pm

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  You_do12

Round 1.... Monte Carlo!!!

Tying in with the current cold snap here on our little island, the frosty morning air provides the inspiration for Round 1....

Stage 1 opens at 1.00 AM GMT on Friday with Drivers expected to have completed the event by Midnight (GMT) the following Thursday.

You're event Recce notes are as follows....

Stage 1: approche du col de Turini - montee: night/ mist
Stage2: Pra d'Alart : midday/ sunny

Service.

Stage3: col de turini - depart en descente: afternoon/ mist
Stage 4: route de turini : afternoon/ cloudy

Service

Stage 5, POWER STAGE: route de turini descente : afternoon/ cloudy
Stage 6: col de turini depart : afternoon/ snow
Stage 7: vallee descendante: night/ mist

Final checkpoint. Rally Ends.

Please add your MID/ Post event commentaries below.

AND REMEMBER TO POST YOUR POWER STAGE CLIPS IN THE XBOX CLUB! NO CLIPS = NO POINTERINOS!

Best of Luck to you all, be swift, be safe, be heroes! cheers

Last edited by DSRL McDuff on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Entries added to standings

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 am

Round 1 of DSRL RC: S4, Rally Monte Carlo is now underway!! Good luck season 4 drivers!

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Rally Monte Carlo.

I`ll keep this report short, just like my rally.

I love Monte but she don`t love me, it`s an event I find hard to finish and this time was no exception.
The Subaru performed well, certainly better than the driver - Stage 1 was tough, but Stage 2 was tougher, I was caught out on a very icy right hander and couldn`t scrub off any speed whatever I tried. Too late, the Subaru was down the banking and it was rally over.

It was fun while it lasted though.

So now my rally fix will be spectating on this weekends RAC Smile

Sloe

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Point 1! Yes mate! Send pics! I can’t get to RAC this year Sad
Point 2. Gutted to hear Monte has bitten hard already. The old Group N, sorry, R4 cars are heavy old buggers.
Hats off though for getting out the blocks early and giving it some!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Looking forward to getting involved in this early next week after I've got my Brazil GP race in the bag tomorrow night. I've done very little rally racing so not expecting much to start with but hoping for some fun Smile

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 am

Had my first little practice tonight. Bit if a scare to start with as the game didn't load but thankfully all good on the second attempt. Really struggle to get used to get handbrake turns and find then a bit awkward with just an on / off button to activate so definitely need lots of work on that. Best practice time was around 20 second off Nics leader board time for stage 1 so I'm some way off the pace but it was a lot of fun.  I'll probably give it the run proper tomorrow.

Last edited by Hammerpgh on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 am

Excellent news. For the record us mere mortals don’t compare ourselves to Toasts times.... I’m currently p3 overall and he thumped me by 2 and a half minutes!!!!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 am

Fair point lol I'd be happy to be in the same time zone Wink

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fricknlazerbeam Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Nothing like starting a new season with a dnf, stage 1 went well enough, my usual 15-20 seconds off the leaders on a short stage. Stage 2 was going well until i scraped along a rock face giving me a front puncture, i thought I’ll hang on until the next hairpin & get it changed, then literally in sight of where the snow started on the stage my tyre flies off the rim & all front end control went with it, along with my car over the edge of the mountain!! Oh well anothe victory for monte, another loss for me Very Happy

Fricknlazerbeam

Fricknlazerbeam

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:26 am

This is proving to be a BRUTAL rally, with 8 DNFs total so far! 2 victims out on stage 2 and 6 (yes, six) dnfs in stage 6 ALONE. Shocked

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 am

Oh boy.. went for my run in this round last night and despite the disappointing ending that was a lot of fun Very Happy

Being my first rally ever I was not expecting much and mistakes were plenty but I learnt a lot and hopefully can improve as this series progresses

The handbrake turn is my big obstacle and it messed up my first stage when I cocked up the final hairpin and ended up with a time over 3 minutes Embarassed

Stage 2 was looking ok(ish) but again right at the final knocking's I lost a stack of time again (I think another hairpin) but the car was still in one piece so that was a bonus lol. I did check for repairs but was confused how to actually make then so no idea whether I did or not as there didn't appear to be a button to press to confirm the repairs.

Continued on through stages 3 and 4 holding down a very solid last place after each lol and also picking up a fair bit of damage with some clumsy driving.

Again I tried to do some repairs at the service but was again unsure whether I had done them.. I think not. Help!! lol

The Power Stage 5 was short and sweet but real fun. I thought I was doing ok within my own limitations until at the halfway point I thought it was a fast left but it wasa tighter one so went headfirst into the wall and had to reverse back before getting back under way Neutral I didn't grab any clip (I was Twitching anyway so the Xbox game clip facility is disabled) but no biggie as I had no chance of making the points paying positions anyway but was happy enough with the stage.

With a 15 second deficit to the next car up the road I approached stage 6 with some hopes of clawing my way off the bottom position (12th) but the snowy conditions were tough for me as a first timer. The visibility was my main problem and I am still struggling to adjust to understanding the co-driver calls and misunderstood one about two minutes in, clipped a snow bank on the side of the road and was launched into the air and over the precipice of the opposite turn into oblivion Shocked

Really wanted to finish my first rally but overall can't be too disappointed especially as I had so much fun.

I have a recording of my efforts so may post it here for you all to have a laugh at but maybe you could offer me some advice too Wink

I really wish that there was a training area of the game where you could practice things like the handbrake turns, etc. I played a demo of Sebsastien Loeb Rally last year and that had just such a section of the game which was really helpful.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by EightOneZero Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 pm

What a rally!

You were correct about stage 6. That one was a challenge! In the end I binned it about 1/3 through the last stage. After seeing I was in 6th or 7th after people crashed out I am so disappointed I didn't make it to the end :-(

Swinging this heavy car around the icey left/rights and hairpins is pretty fun.

(I manually retired on stage 4 because when I crashed on the last stage I quit in frustration without letting it save)

Sent from Topic'it App

EightOneZero

EightOneZero

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Just under 3 hours left to get your rally completed, or, if your name is Wilbur, GET IT STARTED!!!!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:27 am

Hammerpgh wrote:Oh boy.. went for my run in this round last night and despite the disappointing ending that was a lot of fun Very Happy

Being my first rally ever I was not expecting much and mistakes were plenty but I learnt a lot and hopefully can improve as this series progresses

The handbrake turn is my big obstacle and it messed up my first stage when I cocked up the final hairpin and ended up with a time over 3 minutes Embarassed

Stage 2 was looking ok(ish) but again right at the final knocking's I lost a stack of time again (I think another hairpin) but the car was still in one piece so that was a bonus lol. I did check for repairs but was confused how to actually make then so no idea whether I did or not as there didn't appear to be a button to press to confirm the repairs.

Continued on through stages 3 and 4 holding down a very solid last place after each lol and also picking up a fair bit of damage with some clumsy driving.

Again I tried to do some repairs at the service but was again unsure whether I had done them.. I think not. Help!! lol

The Power Stage 5 was short and sweet but real fun. I thought I was doing ok within my own limitations until at the halfway point I thought it was a fast left but it wasa tighter one so went headfirst into the wall and had to reverse back before getting back under way  Neutral I didn't grab any clip (I was Twitching anyway so the Xbox game clip facility is disabled) but no biggie as I had no chance of making the points paying positions anyway but was happy enough with the stage.

With a 15 second deficit to the next car up the road I approached stage 6 with some hopes of clawing my way off the bottom position (12th) but the snowy conditions were tough for me as a first timer. The visibility was my main problem and I am still struggling to adjust to understanding the co-driver calls and misunderstood one about two minutes in, clipped a snow bank on the side of the road and was launched into the air and over the precipice of the opposite turn into oblivion  Shocked

Really wanted to finish my first rally but overall can't be too disappointed especially as I had so much fun.

I have a recording of my efforts so may post it here for you all to have a laugh at but maybe you could offer me some advice too Wink

I really wish that there was a training area of the game where you could practice things like the handbrake turns, etc. I played a demo of Sebsastien Loeb Rally last year and that had just such a section of the game which was really helpful.

nice to hear you enjoyed it Pete! Its a shame you DNF'd on your debut but don't sweat it as this has been the most lethal rally in DSRL RC history with 10 drivers crashing out by the end!

for the repairs, when you go into the repair section of the service area, you can press Y I think to show the recommended repairs and then RB or shift up should match those recommendations, it should show the repair progress as blue and the time in the top left go to just below 30 mins. that is the quick way, otherwise you can go through each damage tab individually and add small repair increments until the timer in the top left gets right near 30 minutes. You want to get as close to that without going over it as it gives you a penalty. If you do the crew recommendations it will always put you as close to the 30 min if needed and will fix the most crucial stuff on the car.

You can practice stages and locations in the custom event section from the main menu I believe under the career tab, it gives you access to any car fully upgraded and any stage if you need to train for an event!

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:33 am

My WORD that was some event, S4, R1 DSRL RC just etched itself in the community History Books.

Firstly well done to everyone who survived till the last checkpoint. Dont look at the clock, just look at your car NOT having to be craned up off a cliff face.
But to those of you who did set stunning times again congrats, giving us all something to aim for in Finland!

Thanks to everyone who submitted their Power stage times, wrote rally reports and really got in to the spirit of things. And a special mention for Hammergph who took 2 man pills and a nip of something sweet and ploughed in to his first DSRL RC event, then ploughed back out again.... Better luck next time duder. Also noteable was Fsarkis, who registered and got rallying with less than 2 hours on the clock. Glad you could join us again duder!

Right, all times and points will be collated and entered to the standings this evening (GMT)

Finland is now open for flying lessons... Chocks away chaps, Tally ho!!!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Finland.

Fast and frantic !

Wow, what an event, what a challenge. I love Finland !

A mixed event for me, plenty of visits into the scenery, 4 punctures and 2 rolls.

I mainly just kept it flat out and hoped for the best, when that works the stage just flows, left into right into crest into jump. It`s beautiful.

When it goes wrong though, you pay the price but I also got away with some scary moments.
My worst stage I collected a puncture just after the start, the only option was to change. No matter as I collected 2 more punctures straight away and had to push on, lost loads of time.

Good luck to all the other crews this week. Hold tight - it`s fast and frantic out there!

Sloe

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Nice one Sloe. certainly not slow to get out of the blocks on this one Wink

I'll be giving this one my attention early next week as I have other irons in the first for this weekend and also need to work on my rallying technique (or lack of lol).

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by FSarkis Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Hey, guys! A new season and an old DNF lol

However, something happened. After season 3, I stopped playing DR and started playing WRC 7 (which, I'm liking a lot), but yesterday when I tried to play the DR, I totally failed, the handling felt as different as if I never had played before ....

Then that's it. I need to learn again how to drive a DR car ...

What a season this will be? lol

FSarkis

FSarkis

https://www.youtube.com/user/trasher102

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm

FSarkis wrote:Hey, guys! A new season and an old DNF lol

However, something happened. After season 3, I stopped playing DR and started playing WRC 7 (which, I'm liking a lot), but yesterday when I tried to play the DR, I totally failed, the handling felt as different as if I never had played before ....

Then that's it. I need to learn again how to drive a DR car ...

What a season this will be? lol

Really Pleased you chose to join us again buddy! Kudos for throwing yourself in at the deep end yesterday! Last minute entries are always exciting!!!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Right Folks! Round 1, Monte Carlo, results are in and adjudicated! PLease see the standings in post 1 to see how well you fared!

Congratulations once again to all finishers! Please take time to enjoy all the power stage submissions in the xbox club.... Every day is a school day!

Now, to Finland!!!!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:41 pm

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  You_do22

ROUND 2.... FINLAND......

Pilots licenses at the ready for the rollercoaster ride through Finlands yumps, jumps, swoops and abrupt endings!..... The start marshalls are all ready and awaiting your time cards for stamping....

Final checkpoint closes at 00:15 Friday 23rd November GMT

Recce Notes are as follows...

Stage 1: Naarjajarvi : Morning Overcast
Stage2:Kakaristo Long : Morning Overcast

Service.

Stage3: Oksala : Afternoon clear
Stage 4: Hamelat Long : Afternoon Clear

Service

Stage 5, POWER STAGE: Kotajarvi : Midday Sunny
Stage 6: Kontinjarvi Long : Midday Sunny
Stage 7: Pitkajarvi Long : Afternoon Clear

Final checkpoint. Rally Ends.

Please continue add your MID/ Post event commentaries below. Tales of heroism and woe keep the blood pumping!

AND REMEMBER TO POST YOUR POWER STAGE CLIPS IN THE XBOX CLUB! NO CLIPS = NO PISTETTA!

Best of Luck to you all, be swift, be safe, don't be Bananaman!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:20 pm

Pleasantly surprised to get my first rally win in Monte since Season 1! It wasn't the smoothest go, with a few full spins in the snowy conditions getting me on edge. It certainly looks like everyone ran into some form of trouble in that crazy rally though, definitely a thrilling way to start the season up.
On to round 2, Rally Finland...
I did my entire run last night, here is my on board footage of stages 1-4:

I stopped it there to record the power stage through xb1 dvr. Things went downhill from the almost clean power stage though and my rally turned into damage limitation for the final leg. I'm hoping my decent pace in the first few stages is enough to stay out front but I lost large chunks of time in stages 6 & 7 taking heavy radiator/engine damage, so I expect it probably won't stand.
Beware of the R4 Subaru bottoming out with stock setup here, it doesn't want to turn in some places and will go straight into the trees before you even realize lol

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:13 am

Finland was almost as bad as Monte Carlo for me. At least I finished, that’s all I’m saying right now as bit annoyed with my ability to control this car. In all honesty not enjoying as much as the less powerful and more forgiving cars we drove in season 3.

Need to find some motivation to continue in this season unfortunately. Not normally a quitter but this game is a love hate relationship with me.

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next