DSRL RC: Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DSRL RC: Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS

Post by DSRL McDuff Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:44 pm

Snap dude. I suffered badly watching those wipers.... old lead foot learned a lesson that day!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  - Page 5 Empty Re: DSRL RC: Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Just finished my rally.. really enjoyed that although struggled badly in the first 2 rain stages, especially in stage 2 where I picked up about 4 penalties due to off track excursions and got myself lost at one stage lol.

Inside the top 10 for the first time at this stage with just over an hour to go.

After the first two stages I felt I did ok and was fairly solid with no silly errors in stages 3 and 4 and then had probably my best power stage to date with no mistakes that I can recall. With a big gap to EightZero behind I approached the 6th stage with no real concerns of heat from behind but had a few close calls which made me pull back a bit as the last thing I wanted to do was bin it and give myself a DNF at this point of the rally. Last stage on that kind of rallycross section was tough and I found it difficult to navigate Embarassed , I had visions of getting lost around there going the wrong way and getting timed out so I took it fairly carefully in the end bit and just bought the car home in one piece.

Great fun Very Happy

Here's the Twitch of my rally minus the power stage that I posted to the club. No laughing at my stage two efforts.. especially when I got lost lol

Last edited by Hammerpgh on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 pm

Nice one hammer!~ Im watching the times... fingers crossed for you buddy.

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:20 am

And there it is... Wales.... Probaby the toughest welsh slog going.... Watchingh the times and the battles unfold. Just enthralling..... Gutted to miss out on a podium by less than 2 tenths but extatic to finish wales strongly... Congrats to Toast, Gaxier and WaltClynt for their respective successes..... Ill get all the times, points and power stages updated tomorrow evening....
But for now, THIS>>>>>>>

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:22 am

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  - Page 5 You_do27

Well, Here it is..... Greece, by night!

Closing off the 4th DSRL Rally Championship, we head to the dusty, arid hills of greece.... Get the lights on and get your night eye dialled in for this Acropolyptic cannonball run in the weighty N11... Use what you've learned from the ridged and bumpy high speed runs off finland and the brutal, car flipping burms of wales to keep you on the not so straight and narrow. One wrong bootfull could see you taking flight like Icarus, soaring high, then plummeting straight out of the rally, no matter how fast you are... And those high beams..... Keep them like my brother... keep them lit... always!~

Anyways, to the recce notes....

Stage 1: Ourea Spevsi : Night/Clear
Stage 2: Kathodo Leontiou: Night/Clear

Service

Stage 3: Koryfi Dafni: Night/Clear
Stage 4: Tsiristra Thea; Night/Clear

Service

Stage 5: POWER STAGE. Abies Koilada :  Night/Clear
Stage 6: Kathodo Leontiou : Night/Clear
Stage 7: Perasma Platini : Night/Clear

Rally Ends...

Please remember to submit power stage clips promptly after you complete the rally..

And remember, It only takes one Rock!

Now go be Nyx and take control of the night.... May your Olives provide plentiful fortitude......

Be Gods!

See you at the other end!

DSRL McDuff.... DSRL RC S4 organiser... Rallly fan......

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Greece is the word . . .

I started out with quite a steady pace on Stage 1 and 2 and had no issues so figured I`d up the pace a bit for SS3.

I just couldn`t cope with the extra speed, I made plenty of mistakes and collected a puncture so slowed down again for stage 4.

The power stage was a disaster, I rolled it once or maybe twice. Or was it 3 times. lol. Plus a puncture so lost loads of time.

I took it steady form then on and really enjoyed the whole rally run in the dark.

Good luck to my fellow competitors, it`s a tricky one Smile

Sloe

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:20 am

I'm out of Greece Sad

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:04 pm

micko39 wrote:I'm out of Greece Sad
ok thanks for the heads up Micko

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:05 pm

The final round of Season 4 in Greece ends tomorrow night!

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:03 am

Hoping to get my rally in the bag before cut-off tomorrow. Currently suffering with fever and headache so haven't been up to any racing this week so far.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by EightOneZero Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:04 pm

I retired on stage 6. It was very fun when I could actually see where I was going!

Sent from Topic'it App

EightOneZero

EightOneZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Hey everyone! Here is my run from Rally Greece. If you please go to 30:25 to see the power stage Smile

Also, I am now regularly streaming on twitch and uploading to Youtube. It would be awesome if you follow me and subscribe to me. Shameless plug I know Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Hey all! Just a few hours left! Final positions and points will be published on Saturday 23rd December as I am currently in France, hunting down 3 rather talented individuals. Good luck to everyone who still has a hope of finishing!!!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by EightOneZero Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Would any of you mind helping me out with wheel/pedal/ffb settings?

What do you use? I have my G920 with shifter setup on a wheel stand pro and I've found a really comfortable position to drive in but I can't seem to decide on and settings. At the moment I have ffb set very low and reduced the rotation on the wheel a bit but I haven't found the sweet spot.

Sent from Topic'it App

EightOneZero

EightOneZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Phew!! Got that in with 25 minutes to spare!! Tough rally and not made easier by my current sickly condition but I dragged myself out from under the sheets to give it a go and somehow managed to reach the end Very Happy I really struggle with the night stages and it wasn't helped by  losing my headlights on 3 of them, the first stage I messed up and lost the lights pretty much before I had got going lol.

Good fun nonetheless but I'm off now with a Lemsip to bed.

Hope this can continue with another series. Been great fun.

Here's my attempt at this rally. Should give you all a laugh  lol

Power Stage at 30:00 cos I'm sure ill in the points there  lol

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by inthebagbud Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:Phew!! Got that in with 25 minutes to spare!! Tough rally and not made easier by my current sickly condition but I dragged myself out from under the sheets to give it a go and somehow managed to reach the end Very Happy I really struggle with the night stages and it wasn't helped by  losing my headlights on 3 of them, the first stage I messed up and lost the lights pretty much before I had got going lol.

Hammer might help if you had a steering wheel on your car Razz Razz lol

inthebagbud

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:33 pm

inthebagbud wrote:
Hammerpgh wrote:Phew!! Got that in with 25 minutes to spare!! Tough rally and not made easier by my current sickly condition but I dragged myself out from under the sheets to give it a go and somehow managed to reach the end Very Happy I really struggle with the night stages and it wasn't helped by  losing my headlights on 3 of them, the first stage I messed up and lost the lights pretty much before I had got going lol.

Hammer might help if you had a steering wheel on your car Razz Razz lol

Nah.. I just sway side to side to steer lol I never even realised that I had it missing, that's weird lol Thought something was odd haha

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  - Page 5 Empty Rally Ends......

Post by DSRL McDuff Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 pm

DSRL RC:  Season 4 FINAL STANDINGS  - Page 5 You_do28

Well, that's that then.....

Firstly, a note from the event administration official...

"Dear competitors, please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay in releasing the event final standings. due to the high number of non entries and a clerical error from our official timing partners, Tag Racenet, putting together final standings has proved tedious and difficult. however, the board of officials have delegated and cogitated and we are pleased to finally bring you the completed season 4 standings."

Right, to business........

First and foremost thank you to everyone who engaged in the spirit of season 4. We've never tried a one make rally series here and, hopefully, you all enjoyed it enough to consider allowing us to do it again someday. cheers

Now, unfortunately, as the season tailed off some folks forgot the rules and, most notably, a potential championship winner has now found himself not even on the podium.... Rallying is all about endurance, stamina, and being determined to finish no matter what, as you will hopefully see from the final results....

First and foremost, Congratulations to EpilepticToast on another DSRL RC championship win.... the man is an ice cube! With massive early season success the surprise cracks in wales and Greece brought a jeopardy to the championship, but with a DNF in Greece seeming like the downfall of the title campaign, the surprise noshow from Rallyman VW saw toast snatch victory from the jaws of defeat! Well done sir!

in second place is RC Gaxier, part of the French RC team, Gaxier is a dogged, tough competitor who refused to be overshadowed by his two team mates and, after grabbing a fistful of silvers through the season, finished off woth an extremely well deserved Round win! Congratulations to you friend, your consistency is the thing of envy!

In JOINT 3rd place (pointwise) are Myself and RC Waltcynt, but given Walts higher number of podiums he ultimately takes the trophy. Well done buddy, that 1.6 TENTHS you beat me by in wales were more important than either of us new!

Notables..... Congrats to DSRL Webbers for finishing the season with his first rally podium.....

Rebel Whitey, DSRL Webbers and myself.... Team No DNF's.... Congratulations gents... You are the spirit of rallying!

and of course a massive thankyou to all our competitors who keep coming back for more and help keep the DSRL RC afloat. I personally love seeing your rallying exploits and developments. Thankyou for sticking with us! Like a Star @ heaven

Id like to take the opportunity to wish all our combatants  a very merry Christmas and happy new year. We sincerely hope to see you all again for more thumping good exploits in the world of Dirt Rally!

All the best folks..... Peace and mud spraying handbrake yanking acute rights to you all! McDuff! santa

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by EightOneZero Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:23 am

Thanks McDuff/DSRL for another great rally.

I really enjoyed driving the Impreza for this season.

To be honest though my overall enthusiasm did drop off quite a bit from the start but I managed to attempt every rally and have alot fun (and equally a lot of frustration!) so I'll be back for more :-)

Sent from Topic'it App

EightOneZero

EightOneZero

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:47 am

Yeah the n11can certainly test your resolve duder, but, what I will say, is that after actually spending a decent bit of time in such an unfamiliar car I was pleased to discover I had adjusted my driving style overall and had by far my best result in the daily challenge (polo, Sweden) and came very close to my very first daily win. I’m now quite fond of the old hippo!!!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:41 am

I really enjoyed the season and would like to the organizers and fellow competitors, well done to all Smile

I do hope there will be another season soon.

Sloe

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:48 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed this season which was my first attempt at the Rallying format of racing.

Kudo's to DSRL McDuff for organising such a well run and very fun season. After the disappointment of failing to finish my first rally I was pretty happy to complete all of the rest even though my times were well down the order. It's definitely piqued my interest in the sport and I am already filling in the gap the session end leaves with some career racing and competing in the online events.

I really hope that a follow up season is planned for the New Year.

Cheers

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:32 am

Cheers Mcduff, another great job with the rally organization this season!
Thrilled to bring home another DSRL RC title, this season came right down to the wire and I honestly thought I had thrown it away with the Greece DNF, but miraculously both 2nd and 3rd in the points (Waltcynt and Rallyman) DNF'd in the final rally as well, leaving me still in the lead of the championship come the finish!

Thank you to everyone who showed commitment throughout the season and enthusiasm at all the rallies, this season was a step in the right direction for the future of the DSRL RC's rules/format and I can't wait to get back out on the stages again.

Season 5 will come soon in the new year so keep an eye out for it Rally lovers! Very Happy

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5