IndyCar World Challenge Monza GP June 17 Sign ups

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Monza GP June 17 Sign ups Empty IndyCar World Challenge Monza GP June 17 Sign ups

Post by Guest Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:42 am

PLEASE NOTE: The event starts at 9:00pm GMT but the lobby will open around the below times for free practice.

Times
The America's
Saturday 20th May 
Eastern Time Zone: 3:30pm
Central Time Zone: 2:30pm
Mexico: 3:30pm
Mountain Time Zone: 1:30pm
Western Time Zone: 12:30pm
Europe
Saturday 20th May
UK: 8:30pm
Germany: 9:30pm
Netherlands: 9:30pm
Denmark: 9:30pm
Finland: 10:30pm

Assists
Braking Assist:Off
ABS: Off
Traction Control: Off
Dynamic Racing Line: Yes (optional)
Gearbox: Manual or Manual or Automatic

S

All IndyCar drivers please indicate your interest in taking part in the preseason test please post IN, MAYBE or OUT below no later than 7:00pm GMT on the day

Lobby Settings
Timer: 60 minute race
Force interior view: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Force Default Setups: No
Allow ABS: Yes (comes up automatically)
Allow Stability Control: No
Allow Traction Control: No
Damage: Performance Impacting
Failures: Yes
Tyre Wear: Real
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Engine Start: Yes
Flags and Penalties: On
Allow Ghosted Vehicles: Yes
In Game Time: X2

Weather:  CLEAR
Time: Session Start Time: 10:00 am in game
Racing: (7)
- DSRLReadingRich (Host)
- Lemarrrrr
- Hammerpgh
- Hurt MaGurt
- Shneeb108
- OctoberDusk06
- no lips
Out: (2)
- WoodyLizard
- Epileptic Toast

MAY BE ()

Last edited by DSRLReadingRich on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:38 pm; edited 6 times in total

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Monza GP June 17 Sign ups Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Monza GP June 17 Sign ups

Post by Guest Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 am

In

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Monza GP June 17 Sign ups Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Monza GP June 17 Sign ups

Post by WoodyLizard Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:02 am

In

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemarrrrrr Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:42 pm

In mate

Lemarrrrrr

Lemarrrrrr

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:15 pm

In

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:55 pm

In

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:08 pm

IN
Reserve (if there's any room)
Driver name: Peter Stefani
Driver gamer tag: Shneeb108
Car number: 2016 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports #5

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:33 am

Shneeb108 wrote:IN
Reserve (if there's any room)
Driver name: Peter Stefani
Driver gamer tag: Shneeb108
Car number: 2016 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports #5

There should be plenty of room mate. There was a lot of just in case sign ups at the beginning that have never raced so you should be good.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:05 am

Sorry Rich, but I need to say out for this one. Forgot that I had a Sunday morning running festival to compete in. Spewing

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:21 am

WoodyLizard wrote:Sorry Rich, but I need to say out for this one. Forgot that I had a Sunday morning running festival to compete in. Spewing

No worries mate, hope to catch you in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:40 pm

I'm a 50/50 for this one. Will be outta town but hoping to be back home in time.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Any idea about the weather condition at race time?

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:06 pm

I predict partly cloudy...... hope i'm right.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Sorry for the delay in weather finished work a bit late and then had to celebrate my middle daughters birthday.
The weather is CLEAR

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 pm

CLEAR it is then, Thank you.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Shneeb108 wrote:CLEAR it is then, Thank you.
I'm normally a bit earlier than that around 8pm my time as I work late shift leading up to the race but tonight I just lost track of it all

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:22 pm

out again sorry Sad

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:20 pm

in

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:36 am

Great racing guys. Once again. I had not practiced a lap for this race, except two weeks ago, so I was not expecting much. I gather I was the beneficiary of some "racing incidents" up front, as I was way behind to start, then suddenly found myself in the top three.
I went with one set of tires again, and it saved me about 10 seconds on the first stop, which was enough to pass Rich in the pits. Coming into the second stop, I pushed it .1 mile too far and ran out of gas, but made the pits, apparently. But the game black flagged me, as I was probably going to slow. Either way, my fault. What *should* have happened was another short pit, from P2, then out to hopefully hop over Rich or Peter or both at the end. But never got there. :face:
Don't know what happened with Karl, as someone was upset...I think Lamaar? Niblips is a clean racer, but any of us can have a bad day. These cars were not meant for this sort of track, in reality. It was fun, but they need more space. I get the idea, since Monza is sort of like an oval in sections, but those chicanes are maddening. They lead to all sorts of low speed pileups.
Racing with Rich, was, as usual, a blast. As fast as Rich was, I think Peter was about as fast. Both passed me several times, including at the end. I had my downforce set to 0/0 so the car was especially sluggish in the corners. I imagine most of you were the same, as the straight were about 177mph.
Here is the race in full from my cockpit.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=N0eNknI8gcc

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:13 pm

I had my wings at 10/9 or 9/8...  My pace was good in quali but once the wheel problem hit at the start of the race after the lobby reform I struggled to match it due to the very different wheel feel.  Less responsive and spongy feeling which took me half a dozen or more laps to get use to. Good fun though and a very unexpected 2nd place after losing so much time in those early laps (40 seconds in the first two alone after pulling to one side to restart my wheel). 

It was fun gradually making my way back into contention though and some good racing in the end. Glad I didn't quit I frustration now lol.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Qualifying and Race results.

IndyCar World Challenge Monza GP June 17 Sign ups Img_1711

IndyCar World Challenge Monza GP June 17 Sign ups Img_1713

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:04 pm

Gotta say sorry again to Hurt and Lemar. I lost concentration and clobbered Hurt (lap 10) in to the first chicane when i missed the braking point. Then a few laps later i ran into the back of Lamar (lap 12) at Ascari. I was braking really late there which was helping my lap time, but not my race craft.

Video evidence can be seen here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBkmAGkhvZI

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Race Report,
Well what can I say. Practiced hard as usual finding a great setup on the set up sit that I tweeted to my needs. No downforce (who needs downforce) and roasting FireHawkes (the benefit of being a excontroller player is over/under heating rubber doesn't bother you so much). Practice was a nightmare as I'd done 4 hours in a P1 the night before and was trying to drive the 90 car the same way and she didn't like it. Got my head in for qualifying and though I have done quick it wasn't by much so P4 was a great position.
When we reset the lobby I was so happy with the way YOU guys sorted the grid order out BY the first corner (Sunday night boys it can be done) so thank you all for that. Once we went green I had a terrible start ending up on the inside for turn one which is t ideal. I span and ended up I think P6 and about 15 secs behind. Off I went I knew the 90 was a quick car reeling in the next car by the end of the lap and then catching October at a great rate of knots. I knew it wasn't going to be easy getting round him as he's a master at making his car really wide. I was following behind coming up to the bridge reaching over 200mph in the tow with no intention of passing before the chicane but he had a small wobble that slowed home down and we made really light contact no damage but enough to put him up the road. It started to feel like Nurburgring all over again.
Again I caught back up and after some place trading I made the spot before the stops. By this point we had already past niblips, Lemarrr and Hurt who had some kind of coming together. After stop one I came out P4 I think with October Hurt and Schneeb leading me but I'd forgot to change my fuel load from qualifying and it only gave me 3-4 laps of gas. Still it was a 2 stop race any way so in I went and I came out with Lemarr just behind me. We had a few laps with him pushing hard but fair and I made a mistake and he was through. By now we were cycle forward as boxes were on going. Coming around the final turn I saw Lemarrr slowing on the pit straight he was P1 at the time I believe so I past thinking he'd lost the motor or out of gas but no he'd been hit again.
By now I had OctoberDusk06 hunting me down I knew he'd need to stop again but wasn't sure if I did due to the botched first stop but I decided it was what it was. Then I saw he'd gone and Hurt was behind October had run out of gas. Again I knew Hurt would need to stop and he did to unleash Hammer who was flying. Getting me to with in 3 secs  I was taking my time through the chicanes and watch the temps and trying to work out the gas. With 5 minutes to go I knew I had JUST enough to make it and I saw the gap go up to over 4 secs to take the win with no tyres lesft and less the a litre of fuel.
Buzzing (though watching the Toyota retire from Le Mans killed that a bit)
Generally great racing I'm not sure what happened with the contact but it's unusual in this series. The series is good because YOU guys make it that way so again thank you all.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks for letting me in, and I had a real blast. Fun car to drive, but I had my gear ratio wrong so I was disadvantaged. Hope to get some more seat time in soon.
Not complaining, and I don't know all the rules, but it looks like I got booted in that first chicane. Maybe he could have waited until the straight?

Last edited by Shneeb108 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:41 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : After watching stream)

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 am

Heres my recording from last night (qualifying and race)  

And here's a replay of the race from various cars and views. 

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next