IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May - Page 2 Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May

Post by Hammerpgh Sat May 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Cheers for the race guys... massively frustrating race for me as I think I could have put in a challenge here as I had decent pace. Once we reformed the lobby it all went tits up lol. No FFB, no party chat once I unplugged and replugged my USB to try to get the wheel working and to cap it all wrong tyres on the car for the race and then twisted suspension in the early laps from just a wheel on the grass but still at that point thought I could challenge. I just had to keep it clean and get to that first stop to get the right rubber on and start chasing. Then going through Eau Rogue I got out of shape and the lack of FFB made me over correct sending me into the wall with major damage so crawled back to the pits for repairs and the right tyres losing a ton of time and completely wrecking my race. Pace was much better from then on but of course the early stop meant I was buggered on fuel and would have to stop again near the end of the race. Had some fun with Woody for some laps but knew the extra stop meant i was not going to be able to challenge him but enjoyed chasing down Rich knowing I had to get past him and build a lead to try to give me enough time to pit again and come out close enough to challenge him over the closing laps. Did the job but then part spun at the pit chicane and lost valuable seconds. Made my stop but bugger me only enough fuel for 5 laps with 12 minutes remaining so knew that was not enough

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May - Page 2 Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Race 4 Spa Sign Ups 6th of May

Post by Hammerpgh Sat May 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Having to post this in two parts again as it keeps truncating it...

gave chase anyway and closed from 17 seconds to about 8 but then had to pit again for enough fuel for a couple of laps... what a night!! I must have crossed a black cat when dropping a mirror while walking under a ladder lol

Last lap was on for a 1:56.8 but just got the chicane wrong.. doh

The wheel issues every race are a pain in the proverbial... I hope they sort this with pCars 2..

Still had fun regardless though... any advice regarding the wheel and comms issues welcomed.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Sun May 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Well, i had fun despite the contact in the first and second race attempt. Struggled in the second at the start due to not having any FFB like Peter. Was going to just tough it out and see how it went but after my car wrecked i tried to figure out how to restart the wheel and got it eventually.
Had trouble in the pits trying to figure out why my tyres weren't getting changed. Realized late that i needed to set the pit stop strategy at the start of the second race and i had not done that. with 20min to go i finally got some new tyres and put in a few good laps. 3 laps down at the end is not what i was hoping for though.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon May 08, 2017 12:23 pm

niblips wrote:Well, i had fun despite the contact in the first and second race attempt. Struggled in the second at the start due to not having any FFB like Peter. Was going to just tough it out and see how it went but after my car wrecked i tried to figure out how to restart the wheel and got it eventually.
Had trouble in the pits trying to figure out why my tyres weren't getting changed. Realized late that i needed to set the pit stop strategy at the start of the second race and i had not done that. with 20min to go i finally got some new tyres and put in a few good laps. 3 laps down at the end is not what i was hoping for though.
Tough first race for you Karl, well done for sticking it out though.

The FFB issues are a real pain and i've had them in each of the races so far. Sods law that the aborted first race was fine and I was good to go but once the lobby got reformed it a went tits up with no FFB and then no comms after I unplugged and replugged in the wheels USB to try to solve the FFB problem. Strange thing is that I could suddenly hear you but nobody else and then it all went completely when I tried a second time to get the FFB resolved.

Not sure what the answer is and it does impact the race a lot.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Mon May 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:
niblips wrote:Well, i had fun despite the contact in the first and second race attempt. Struggled in the second at the start due to not having any FFB like Peter. Was going to just tough it out and see how it went but after my car wrecked i tried to figure out how to restart the wheel and got it eventually.

The FFB issues are a real pain and i've had them in each of the races so far. Sods law that the aborted first race was fine and I was good to go but once the lobby got reformed it a went tits up with no FFB and then no comms after I unplugged and replugged in the wheels USB to try to solve the FFB problem. Strange thing is that I could suddenly hear you but nobody else and then it all went completely when I tried a second time to get the FFB resolved.

Yeah, FFB and coms was i big issue for me as well. I tried to plug my controller into the xbox with the cable again before i was brought into the lobby the first time, but no one could hear me. I could hear everyone else though. So i unplugged it and ran on battery which worked for the first bit, but the controller shuts off every 10 minutes when on battery and after restarting it a couple times i lost all communication with the party. Then there was that brief period of time where i could talk to you, but that was it. I think i'll forgo the part next race. I know how the starting procedure works and can figure out whats going on simply by the speed of the other cars. I'm starting to think the only way to solve my coms issues will be to get a new headset, but i've not got the money for that atm.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon May 08, 2017 4:44 pm

niblips wrote:
Hammerpgh wrote:

Yeah, FFB and coms was i big issue for me as well. I tried to plug my controller into the xbox with the cable again before i was brought into the lobby the first time, but no one could hear me. I could hear everyone else though. So i unplugged it and ran on battery which worked for the first bit, but the controller shuts off every 10 minutes when on battery and after restarting it a couple times i lost all communication with the party. Then there was that brief period of time where i could talk to you, but that was it. I think i'll forgo the part next race. I know how the starting procedure works and can figure out whats going on simply by the speed of the other cars. I'm starting to think the only way to solve my coms issues will be to get a new headset, but i've not got the money for that atm.

That's scuppered my plans then as I was planning to try using batteries next time for my controller to see if that made any difference. My headset is not that old and is fine in any other game. Your problem is a bit more odd though as we also had that happening with F1 as well. I sometimes get the little exclamation mark up against my name in the party chat indicating no mic is attached but I just unplug the usb from the controller, plug it back in and all is fine.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Mon May 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Hammerpgh wrote: Your problem is a bit more odd though as we also had that happening with F1 as well. I sometimes get the little exclamation mark up against my name in the party chat indicating no mic is attached but I just unplug the usb from the controller, plug it back in and all is fine.
Maybe i'll try that next time....i don't think i've unplugged it from the controller since i plugged it in back in September.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2