Round 6 Brands Hatch Indy Sign In!!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Round 6 Brands Hatch Indy Sign In!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 6 Brands Hatch Indy Sign In!!!

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 10:45 am

A couple of us run a open lobby lunch time yesterday and it let us select 16

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Round 6 Brands Hatch Indy Sign In!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 6 Brands Hatch Indy Sign In!!!

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 10:47 am

Ok cool..I prob just had the number of human drivers set to higher than I thought

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 20, 2016 3:43 pm

Yeah and I've run in races of 15 before. On the GP circuit but it's the same pits

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Fri May 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Very strange. Maybe it's just GT cars? Oh well, all is good.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 20, 2016 8:07 pm

I dunno. But hey! Looking forward to it!!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 9:48 pm

in

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sat May 21, 2016 12:23 am

Chance of showers after 2pm. Will this be a rain race? Or Mostly cloudy? Or both?

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 12:32 am

Announced at 8pm BST on Saturday Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 6 Brands Hatch Indy Sign In!!! - Page 2 Empty in

Post by stevielow Sat May 21, 2016 3:25 pm

lowie and mundo

stevielow

stevielow

​

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmWvptjTrmCImdVWfEQ77pA

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Cheers stevielow. Got a message from Mundo yesterday saying he was having issues, so I posted in for him.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Sat May 21, 2016 11:51 pm

Get in. Light rain. Overcast and light rain again. Does that mean qualifying will be on light rain?

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 21, 2016 11:54 pm

And does that mean race 1 will start on the lights?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 22, 2016 5:53 am

Depends. If we have more than 16 then it goes to 2 lobbies.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Sun May 22, 2016 3:04 pm

you can sync the weather to the race so if you set it to 3 weather slots and have it set as so:

1- light rain
2- overcast
3- light rain it will equal out over the race

qually is normally the first weather setting so it would be light rain but sometimes it doesn't work and gives you dry,lol

the race weather will work though as we rain it in our current series and its worked fine every time.

d4ninho

d4ninho
​​
​​

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 22, 2016 3:09 pm

This is something that we can plan for when we do longer races again but not really for 15 minutes races.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Sun May 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Zarf IN

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2016 5:20 pm

Lol

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 22, 2016 6:51 pm

So 15 for tonight. tracks gonna be busy.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2016 6:56 pm

Yep slow laps I think

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2016 9:35 pm

Finished third in race one after starting 12th..ran slicks for temp reasond as the wets always catch fire after a lap or two.then in race two got drilled twice into turn two dropped to last tracked down the pack only to collide with someone in turn two..I called it but guess it was too late..never raced where your opponent told you where they are going to pass .I guess I can see why but if it goes for one it shoulddbe for all.never heard a word the whole time when I was passed..saying all that im out for the rest.just not my cup of tea.good luck to everyone.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Really sorry that you got caught up McNasty. I hope that you feel it was only a one off and you won't get involved in accidents as much anymore. I do feel that more calling out should be done but sometimes it will get missed as people get in the moment. I hope to see you next week and you have a better race.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Mon May 23, 2016 6:07 pm

Well that was a total butt f**k.

Race 1 i started 4th after a decent qually, turn 1 i got taken off the track and had damage, crawling round the track i pitted and it gave me slicks even though i had wets in my strategy.
i then struggled round and hoped for better in race 2.

Race 2 in the dry i got a good start and got through a few corners before someone threw there car up the inside with no way they could make the corner and hit the side of my car, damage yet again, this time i tried to drive with it and worked my way up the grid still somehow, im sure crashed helped, i think i finished 5th in that race.

Race 3 was a total balls up, using the same start i used in race 1 with no problems for some reason my tyres went red after just 3 laps, yet more crashes and a pit stop for no reason by the leader put me in front, no way i could hold the lead as every corner now felt like slicks in the wet, spin after spin meant i was down to 5th before a massive spin into the barrier broke my car, that was the end of that.

All in all there are far too many crashes happening,you will get the odd few due to close racing and ppl will accept that but when you have half the grid hitting something its not right, ppl wont put in stewards they will just get annoyed an leave for elsewhere.

d4ninho

d4ninho
​​
​​

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Mon May 23, 2016 7:32 pm

Its unlucky in some cases but I think people need to take more care. The problem is the car. Any kind of contact results in a massive off. Me and PCS420 had a small bit of contact yesterday into turn 2 and it rolled him. I couldn't of done anything about it, and have no idea how it rolled him.
Next seasons car will be much better for racing in. But I think that people need to take more care and if people are feeling hard done by, by banzai moves then they should be reporting it to the stewards and it will be review.

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Tue May 24, 2016 11:40 am

Thanks all, I had a lot of fun in the races for the most part on Sunday, it's certainly a new experience for me to be driving in a full field of cars in this game so certainly refreshing in that respect.. I really enjoyed the dicing with Rebel during race 2 ad 3 in particular and was disappointed when you fell away both times at pretty much the same spot.

Couple of things.. wasn't aware of the no Twitching rule so set that to run before the first race started but quickly turned it off during the pit stop after I got spun up in the air between turns 2 and 3 at the start of the race.

Also, in the final race I got punted off at turn 2 and the resultant damage meant I had to pit and therefore went a lap down on a few guys. I fully understand the need to give way under the blue flag and always make the best effort to do so at the earliest opportunity but only at a point where it is safe and sensible to do so. However, what is the protocol for re-passing a car that has lapped you? For example on Sunday in the last race I gave way for the lapping car when I came out of the pits but once up to speed I was the faster car but was wary of going back past while the guys ahead were fighting each other for position. But at the same time my own race was being compromised by being held up despite being that lap down. Am I expected to hold position and thereby allow those I am racing to close up on me or am I able to join in the battle ahead and try to make my way through? Not force my way through of course but simply race as though for position.

Cheers

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Hey hammer. Glad you enjoyed the racing on sunday. It certainly entertaining with that many cars on track.

The whole ban on twitch has stemmed from lots of lag affecting the silverstone national round. At first I thought it was just my internet being affected by that many cars on track but after finding that twitch was being used I could see a possible cause for the issues.

Lastly, if you are going to un-lap yourself, I see it perfectly fine to let the guy know that you are faster but a lap down. Then make a move in the same way by letting them know where you are but hopefully you shouldn't be given such a fight when going passed.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next