April 28th 9pm UK/4pm Eastern US
38 Laps

(CLOSED) Brands Hatch Sign In/Out 4
Lobby Settings :
Lobby Name : DSRL
Lobby Password : None
Privacy : Invite Only
Track : Brands Hatch GP
Car : Tatuus FA01. There are only 5 liveries so the field will be running duplicate liveries.
Practice Session : 5 min
Qualifying Session : 25 Min. Session will end after 20 min
Race Duration : 38 laps
Race Start Delay : 60 seconds
Time of Day : 13:00
Weather : Clear
Ambient Temperature : 24° C
Track Surface : Always set to Optimum
Autoclutch : On
Traction Control : Factory
ABS : Factory
Stability Control : Off
Tire Blankets : On
Fuel Rate : 100%
Damage Rate : 30%
Tyre Wear : 100%
Allowed Tires Out : 2
Qualify Limit : 100%

(CLOSED) Brands Hatch Sign In/Out 5
There will be a 5 minute Practice session to load everyone in. You are allowed to go on track during this session.
Qualifying will be a 25 minute session. Qualifying will end after 20 minutes with time to finish your flying lap. The remaining 5 minutes will be to set/save your race tune.
The session will automatically finish and go to a 60 second count down to the green lights.
You must select "DRIVE" during the pre-race screen to ready up for the race.

(CLOSED) Brands Hatch Sign In/Out 7
If you are involved in an accident that you caused, please give the spot back as quickly as possible.
If you feel the crash was more than a racing incident or you were not properly given the spot back please record the crash and report it to the lobby host for possible further action.
Full course yellows will only be called on lap 1.
This will be called quickly by the lobby host if 3 or more cars sustain damage on lap 1.
All cars will proceed at no faster than 100KPH for the remainder of lap 1 and all of lap 2.
The damaged cars must pit and catch up to the back of the pack.
If this requires a 3rd lap of caution we will do so. Incidents later in the race will not bring out a full course yellow.

IN
Hurt MaGurt
Shneeb108
micko39 (maybe)
HateWorldWide
l Havana l
Odbball
SinCleaner72
Woodylizard
Hammerpgh (maybe)

OUT
EpilepticToast

Last edited by Hurt MaGurt on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:40 pm; edited 11 times in total

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

(CLOSED) Brands Hatch Sign In/Out Empty Re: (CLOSED) Brands Hatch Sign In/Out

Post by Shneeb108 Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:53 pm

IN

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:15 pm

IN

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by HateWorldWide Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:04 pm

In

HateWorldWide

HateWorldWide

​

Back to top Go down

Post by l Havana l Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 pm

In
Setup for anyone interested https://youtu.be/-AIT9Lt7bP8

l Havana l

l Havana l
1000km Of Watkins Glen Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Odbball Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 am

In

Odbball

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:44 am

in

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:09 am

micko39 wrote:IN
I have to move to a MAYBE.........Granson’s birthday Party

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:16 am

Good luck here guys. Brands is always good value for some good close racing so I hope there are some streams and recordings for this one.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:46 am

Out again Mad Away for the weekend. Was really hoping to make this one too because brands is great fun. Starting to wonder if I'll ever make it to one of these races Neutral . Good luck with this round guys

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:Good luck here guys. Brands is always good value for some good close racing so I hope there are some streams and recordings for this one.

Hey Peter, does this mean you are officially out on this series? It is a shame to lose you, but I totally understand your frustrations and the issues ruining your otherwise good races.

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:21 pm

I am not totally sure tbh Hurt. I've have got no further in finding out what could cause the problem and with a lot on recently have not been able to try anything to see if it makes a difference. I haven't actually fired the game up since our last race so have had no practice for this one. I'll see how things go tonight and tomorrow and if I get some laps in and can test out some things to see if they make any difference to the problem I was having i'll let you know.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:12 am

In WoodyLizard

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm out all day today but I'll aim to get on for the practice session and see how that goes. If it's all going ok then I'll continue but if not I'll drop out at that point.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:08 pm

If anyone else has a THM wheel, try this and see if it solves the issue like Peter H is having.
"Do not use the Xbox button on the wheel to turn on the console (otherwise it will be necessary to disconnect the USB plug from the wheel, then reconnect it, in order for the wheel to be recognized by the console)"

Use the XBOX Console button to power up with the wheel connected.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:07 pm

I guess i should have gotten some practice in before tonight. Pace was ok but 3 incidents and not knowing what tyre to use was a problem off the start.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Odbball Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:09 am

hi all,

really enjoyed my first race with you guys. My lack of experience of racing over longer distances really told, Qualified 3rd, in the race up to 2nd after a 3 or 4 laps. After 12 laps I was aware I was unlikely to catch 1st, and 3rd was a way back. I should have thought to protect my tires, consolidate 2nd until the tyre change, but I kept pushing, shredding the tyres, resulting in multiple spins, and slipping down the field. Ultimately I finished last, but had a blast.

My aim before the race was not to knock anyone off............... in which I failed.....apologies to Hammerpgh, I was unsure of the etiquette here, I was a lap down on you but lapping faster, I didn't want to effect your race but I also wanted to chase 7th. Obviously I need not to hit you!, but is it ok to try and over take you in this situation?

Look forward to the next one

Odbball

Odbball

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:44 am

Odbball wrote:hi all,

really enjoyed my first race with you guys.  My lack of experience of racing over longer distances really told,  Qualified 3rd, in the race up to 2nd after a 3 or 4 laps.  After 12 laps I was aware I was unlikely to catch 1st, and 3rd was a way back. I should have thought to protect my tires, consolidate 2nd until the tyre change, but I kept pushing, shredding the tyres, resulting in multiple spins, and slipping down the field.  Ultimately I finished last, but had a blast.

My aim before the race was not to knock anyone off............... in which I failed.....apologies to Hammerpgh, I was unsure of the etiquette here, I was a lap down on you but lapping faster, I didn't want to effect your race but I also wanted to chase 7th.  Obviously I need not to hit you!, but is it ok to try and over take you in this situation?

Look forward to the next one

Odbball
Hey buddy,

Don't worry about the incident in the closing stages. I had a big enough lead over Mikey that it didn't effect the outcome... made it more squeaky in the closing laps but it would have taken another off to change the end result. You were unfortunate in that when I lapped you I was not pulling away as I was just managing the race at that point and making sure I had enough tyres to see me to the end with no problems so you were quickly back on my tail. I was going ton slow on the straights to allow you back through once it became clear that your pace was good enough to get past but was a bit concerned about doing so and you not realising and ending up with an incident as a result. Plus I had a lot of screen stuttering that was making things quite difficult so I could't unmute my mic to let you know. Of course then turn 1 happned anyway Shocked

As for taking a lap back I think it's perfectly acceptable in most circumstances and it's obviously incumbent on both parties to manage that without impact on either race.

Last edited by Hammerpgh on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:58 pm

I had a good qually then dropped it on the first lap of the race....run out of talent again
Here's my high / lowlights Mad

https://youtu.be/HrJX-Md-e3c

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 am

Thanks for the racing Saturday guys. I didn’t have a lot of on track action tbh but that track is always fun regardless. I hadn’t got in any practice for this one as I really wasn’t expecting to race it so was a fair bit off the pace in quali especially but come the race it’s always more about consistency and keeping it clean. I was still surprised to end up on the podium though 

I had no idea about tyre wear here so just plumped for the middle ground and went for the mediums. Start was ok but Shneeb got around the outside as I was held on the inside so dropped to the back of the field into turn 2. That ended up being a blessing in disguise though as Nibs up ahead got out of shape around Surtees and poor Shneeb ploughed into him. I was able to slip around the outside and just clipped the back end so took some light aero damage but no more. So up into 6th very quickly. Next up Micko has a problem and has to pit at the end of the first lap so another position made up and now in 5th with Hurt the next ahead on the track. Rounding Sheene Curve I spot a car off track at Stirlings up ahead and it’s Hurt struggling to get back on track there so up I go to 4th place with Odba11, SinCleaner and Hate up the road. 4th place soon turns to 3rd as OddBa11 has problems and I pass him and then I spot SinCleaner struggling and spend the next part of the race close to his tail in what was the only real racing I had. Unfortunately the screen stuttering was getting quite bad at times during this spell so after a while and with a couple of close calls I decided to drop back a bit to create a gap which resulted in much smoother framerate and less chance of an off.

The rear tyres had started to go off a bit around lap 12(ish) and I knew I had to get them to lap 19 to be able to go back on the same compound for the second half of the race. I was reluctant to go to the harder compound having got used to how the mediums were behaving so just started babying them through the corners a little over the next part of the race. Nibs had been about 7 seconds behind me following his first lap incident and the gap had increased over the following laps and then he had an incident that saw it increase quite a bit so there was little pressure from behind at this point.

The rear tyres were wearing the most and went red around lap 14 and all four tyres had dropped to the red around lap 16 but the lap times were still holding up and the gaps ahead and behind were stable so I held on until my planned stop at the end of lap 19. I topped up the fuel to 32 litres which was just enough for the remainder of the race and on extra lap just in case and took on fresh medium rubber.

Rejoined the race in 4th place I think with Micko just up the road ahead of me. My minds a bit fuzzy on this part of the race other than the fact that once Micko pitted and I moved back up to 3rd place the gap was 30 seconds with Nibs a further 15 seconds behind him so there was no pressure from behind and as the game does not show you how far ahead the next car is I have no idea other than the fact he was not on my circuit map at any point so I just settled down to managing the gap to Micko behind me. All was pretty smooth other than a few little scares as the framerate dropped whenever I come across cars to lap but no offs or worries. I was taking care of the tyres through the corners and just monitoring the gap info and with a few laps left still had a very healthy 25 second lead. I had lapped Oddba11 with about half a dozen or so laps left but also had Shneeb just up the road and being sandwiched like that did cause me some bad stuttering which made things quite tricky at times and allowed Oddba11 to close right back up on me. A few laps of very close nose to tail racing followed and then came the incident at turn 1 where he accidentally bumped me in the rear and I ended up in the gravel facing the wrong way. I got back on track and he allowed me to go ahead again but other than a bit of aero damage, dirty tyres for a few corners and a loss of about 15 seconds all was still ok and although the lead over Micko was down to 11 seconds I just had to keep it together over the last few laps.

So not the most eventful race for me but this car is fun to drive and the track always is one of the best even if you are racing on your own. More than happy to claim the bottom podium step and after the disappointments of the Silverstone problems.

Unfortunately, doing all the things to try to alleviate the stuttering did not work and even in the quali session I noticed the problem was still around and likely to be worse in the race. I think it was more manageable here because of the gaps behind and ahead of me for most of the race which surprised me because I expected there to be closer racing on this short track. Only thing left to try is the complete uninstall and re-install I guess but of course that means losing all setup saves, etc. That’s a real pita and I’m not sure I have the patience to go through every car and track trying to find combinations that I have setups for :/

Anyway, thanks again for the race, a nice little series here so I am reluctant to abandon it and hope I’ll be around for Barcelona on the 12th May, fresh install and all.

Cheers.

PS:- My Mixer stream failed after about 6 minutes but it can be found here if you want a look at the start of the race from my perspective:- https://mixer.com/Hammerpgh?vod=30187173

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down