IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups - Page 3 Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups

Post by niblips Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:05 am

kinda blew that race. Had second place all tied up but when i came in for the splash and dash i forgot to tell the crew to NOT change the tyres.... lol. Ah well. Hd a fun race regardless.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups - Page 3 Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups

Post by Dave 130R Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:08 am

Was fun guys, hope i can be there next week!

Dave 130R

Dave 130R

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 am

Despite the wheel issues and early laps incident involving me, Rob and Rich it ended up being a fun race. Some good racing and nose to tail with Rich for the last couple of laps,  almost got through after the second chicane on the final lap but nicely defended.

Completely at a loss with the constant wheel  problems and well off my pace as a result as just not able to push how I would like and had to tace pretty conservatively so have to be happy with the 6th place in the end.

Congrats to the podium guys and everyone for finishing.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:33 am

Well I was happy with my qualifying position if not the time as I knew I could have gone a fair bit quicker, not as quick as DSRLWebbers88 but quicker than what I did but 3rd isn't bad.
Had a poor start and ended being bump down to 5th or 6th with niblips, OctoberDusk06 and Hammerphg all jumping me.
I managed to settle back down and for a couple of laps followed closely behind Hammer who was behind October and every time I pop out of the draft to get position the next car would be there and I'd need to back out or risk not stopping the car.
But as was bound to happen with 3 cars running nose to tall Hammer and October had contact in the run down to the first chicane and I followed into the back of Hammer.
After stopping for damage I had Mov in front of me but it was over 10 seconds and though I could make time on the straights the stadium section killed my progress with my ultra low down force set up.
By the half way mark I'd managed to get up to 4th with people stopping and spinning as well as making some passes on Shneeb and others and with Mov far up the road I decided I'd pit early to save on refill time as I was in the first box and didn't have the time to change my strategy. I span it on the way into the pits so that added another 10 or so seconds to my stop and I cam out 6th. I caught up to BigD after the 2nd chicane after I think he had damage for 5th. I then pushed hard to try and catch by the Dave 130R but pushed too hard and ended up with WoodyLizard right behind me after I had spun a couple of times into the 3rd chicane but then suddenly it was Hammer who was behind me and catching pretty quickly. We did the last few laps nose to tail but I think another and he would have had me.
Another great race and a big thank you all who attended and also all 12 guys finished no argument or rage quit so thank you all.

Pole DSRL Webbers88 1:46.990

Winner DSRL Webbers88 1:47.012 (fastest lap)
2nd FTR Mov
3rd niblips

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Well I hate I missed this race, sounded fun.

MichaeI Watts

MichaeI Watts

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Yeah shame you couldn't make it Mike.. decent turnout too with a dozen on the grid for it.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:26 am

Here's my race from Saturday night:-

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 pm

My apologies to Woody, my spin on lap 1 didn't do either of us any favors. I came out of the pits on lap 2 about 10 seconds in front of first place starting lap 3. Not the correct way to start an hour race.

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:55 pm

I'm not big on reporting, but I read where it actually helps a driver to review their previous race results. So, I had a great race from my point of view. I achieved my goals of no spin outs and driving safe with others on track. My set up allowed me to take a few chances with braking and getting back on the power on exit. I still have a LONG way to go with Indy Car types, but it is very cool learning the series. I'm looking forward to applying a few things I learned to the race at WG. Mainly T1 and the buss stop entry speeds.
Un-related: We got really lucky here with Irma, and power is back on as of Mon afternoon. Man it was getting hot too! No major damage, and we all safe.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:54 am

Shneeb108 wrote:I'm not big on reporting, but I read where it actually helps a driver to review their previous race results. So, I had a great race from my point of view. I achieved my goals of no spin outs and driving safe with others on track. My set up allowed me to take a few chances with braking and getting back on the power on exit. I still have a LONG way to go with Indy Car types, but it is very cool learning the series. I'm looking forward to applying a few things I learned to the race at WG. Mainly T1 and the buss stop entry speeds.
 Un-related: We got really lucky here with Irma, and power is back on as of Mon afternoon. Man it was getting hot too! No major damage, and we all safe.

Really great to hear that you are making progress Shneeb. Results don't come instantly, but hard work and practice definitely improve things. Also, great to hear that you are all safe and well!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 am

This was not my finest of moments. For some reason, the track felt out of synch with the car, but others figured it out, so I blame myself. It's a fast track, but the combination of intermittent chicanes and me *not* being good with chicanes, was not a good combination. lol. As always, I loved the race and the racers, and hope that the nextone goes better. I will get pCARS2 on day 1, citing their excellent track record (really, their saving grace with the first title) with patches and post-release support.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:12 am

Shneeb108 wrote:I'm not big on reporting, but I read where it actually helps a driver to review their previous race results. So, I had a great race from my point of view. I achieved my goals of no spin outs and driving safe with others on track. My set up allowed me to take a few chances with braking and getting back on the power on exit. I still have a LONG way to go with Indy Car types, but it is very cool learning the series. I'm looking forward to applying a few things I learned to the race at WG. Mainly T1 and the buss stop entry speeds.

Glad to hear you are safe. I think Irma was not as bad as it could have been, but the alarm helped somewhat.

What a great attitude about trying new things. I hope we can all pitch in if there is a proper IndyCar series in the future. Ovals will be a challenge, not only for the drivers, but the game, and the league (oval racing is completely different, and takes lots of practice). In fact, I'd say you need to rely much more on your fellow drivers to not make any dicey moves, and when the threat of death does not hangover your head, like in a game, then patience and good vision will hopefully prevail. Also, I hope SMS deals competently with wind. That's 75% of oval racing. But...I'm not holding my breath.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:01 am

We were SO lucky here! But it WAS as bad as it could have been for the Keys, Fort Walton Beach, Tampa and the areas on the SW coast. The Keys are virtually destroyed. It's good that most got out of there because the devastation is massive. It will never be the same there, and probably take a long time to repair.
Thanks for all your concerns, really appreciate it! Just so glad we got power as soon as we did. There are still MANY that don't at all.
Can't wait to do some ovals too, especially with full 4 wheel suspension. Unlike FM6, LOL.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Good to hear your ok Shneeb, I've seen some of it on the news just terrible.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3