IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups

Post by Guest Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:40 am

[quote="Hammerpgh"]I'm currently on 5/5.5 but could go lower I think but with them as they are I'm regularly in the 48's and just missed out several times on the 47's when AI got in my way lol. Anybody else noticed that if you have AI near you when going into the first chicane they just completely cut right over the inside of it to pass you. At first I thought they were just making really ballsy late moves but when I checked a replay they just don't bother making the corner

To be honest Pete I only use AI when I do race simulations in order to have some thing to gauge fuel use and how hot the motor gets in traffic. You can really race them in open wheels as you either have to have them set so low the easy or they Perez you into the first wall or tree you come across

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups

Post by MichaeI Watts Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm going to have to switch to a Maybe.. Crying or Very sad Storm's a coming and I may need to help my Mom move Saturday.

MichaeI Watts

MichaeI Watts

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:02 pm

DynoMight Racing wrote:I'm going to have to switch to a Maybe.. Crying or Very sad Storm's a coming and I may need to help my Mom move Saturday.

Ok mate no probs.
Hope all of you guys in the States stay safe over the next week or so.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Put me down as a maybe. I'm not sure what my wife's full plans are on Saturday and i'm not sure if I'll be back in time for this yet or not.

I haven't driven this old circuit since that old psygnosis game on the playstation, 'Formula 1 97' i think.....

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:04 pm

Best of luck to the guys down south. Stay safe.

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Due to weather effecting the lighting as stated earlier in the week by Paul the new in game race time will be 15:00 it will also be MEDIUM CLOUD.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:23 pm

How many hours early is that?
I'm not sure what timezone you are in.
Race was 9pm UK time, but what is it now?

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 pm

niblips wrote:How many hours early is that?

It's the "in game time" not real time. Otherwise we would have had rain at dusk witch would not have been fun.
So the qualifying is still 9pm BST as normal.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:24 pm

DSRLReadingRich wrote:
niblips wrote:How many hours early is that?

It's the "in game time" not real time. Otherwise we would have had rain at dusk witch would not have been fun.
So the qualifying is still 9pm BST as normal.

AH! got it. Thanx

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:36 am

in

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 am

I noticed that the game thinks "real" means anti-lock brakes. But that's wrong. See here:
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/brembo-upgrades-brake-systems-for-2014-verizon-indycar-series/

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:09 am

OctoberDusk06 wrote:I noticed that the game thinks "real" means anti-lock brakes. But that's wrong. See here:
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/brembo-upgrades-brake-systems-for-2014-verizon-indycar-series/

I think it just says that I'm pretty certain that it doesn't have ABS or any other electronic gizmos by the amount of locking up I've done over the season. In fact I think this caught one guy out earlier in the year who practiced with it on and the retired lap 1 turn 1.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:54 am

In

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Maybe.

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Yet more problems for me I'm afraid.  Got on this afternoon for a practice race and once the game gave me control at the rolling start the car would barely turn and I had to go full lock to get any sort of turn-in. Quit out and found that my DoR had been altered so put it back to what I had it at before and started again. Once again the feel was completely off, I increased both the tire force and ffb but it made no difference. Did a practice race anyway but was around 1.5-2 seconds a lap off what i was setting in race trim a coupke of days ago with a best of only 1:49.3 :roll: Couldn't get a proper feel for the car and the third chicane and left hander in the stadium were a particular problem. The latter was my favourite corner before today....

So bottom line is i'm still unsure about tonight.. I'll probably start and see what wheel I get when we get on track and if it's still the same I'll get myself out of the way and drop out and let you guys get on with it.

Love the game but this has become a real frustration for me. Since I had to restart from scratch recently it's got worse. This is the only game I have this problem with so definitely a game issue rather than wheel. Karl also had a similar problem earlier when an Xbox update wiped his wheel settings and he's struggled to get it back to how it was before.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:Yet more problems for me I'm afraid.  Got on this afternoon for a practice race and once the game gave me control at the rolling start the car would barely turn and I had to go full lock to get any sort of turn-in. Quit out and found that my DoR had been altered so put it back to what I had it at before and started again. Once again the feel was completely off, I increased both the tire force and ffb but it made no difference. Did a practice race anyway but was around 1.5-2 seconds a lap off what i was setting in race trim a coupke of days ago with a best of only 1:49.3 :roll: Couldn't get a proper feel for the car and the third chicane and left hander in the stadium were a particular problem. The latter was my favourite corner before today....

So bottom line is i'm still unsure about tonight.. I'll probably start and see what wheel I get when we get on track and if it's still the same I'll get myself out of the way and drop out and let you guys get on with it.

Love the game but this has become a real frustration for me. Since I had to restart from scratch recently it's got worse. This is the only game I have this problem with so definitely a game issue rather than wheel. Karl also had a similar problem earlier when an Xbox update wiped his wheel settings and he's struggled to get it back to how it was before.

Yep control inputs have always been an issue from day one, my Xbox controller still bares the scars (as does the wall) from it. My Thrustmaster TMX won't run for longer than a hour on it but I think that's more a support issue from both SMS and TM than a actual game/wheel issue. And the Logitechs LBC/RBC buttons don't work either which is a pain.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 130R Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:53 pm

Last minute sign up Very Happy

Dave 130R

Dave 130R

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Dave 130R wrote:Last minute sign up Very Happy

Ok mate welcome to the series.
We have this round and one next week (normally every other Saturday)
I'll have a lobby open around 20:30BST with 30 mins free practice to get the party open and get everyone in then once that finishes we'll go straight into 30 mins qualifying then a 10 min warm up before the 1 hour timed race.
Do you have a mic so we can go through the start process before the race as well?
Could you please pick a car livery/number on the series registration thread.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 130R Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:03 pm

DSRLReadingRich wrote:

I'll have a lobby open around 20:30BST with 30 mins free practice to get the party open and get everyone in then once that finishes we'll go straight into 30 mins qualifying then a 10 min warm up before the 1 hour timed race.
Do you have a mic so we can go through the start process before the race as well?

Picked number 7, will be there with mic for the communication Wink

Dave 130R

Dave 130R

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Dave 130R wrote:
DSRLReadingRich wrote:

Picked number 7, will be there with mic for the communication Wink

Amended the list with the 7 car for you. That brilliant mate there not a lot of chat once the race gets going just calling the green and people tend to give a bit of room notice once along side

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 12 Hockenhiem Classic September 9 Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty pC2 USB

Post by Shneeb108 Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:12 pm

DSRLReadingRich wrote:
Hammerpgh wrote:Yet more problems for me I'm afraid.  Got on this afternoon for a practice race and once the game gave me control at the rolling start the car would barely turn and I had to go full lock to get any sort of turn-in. Quit out and found that my DoR had been altered so put it back to what I had it at before and started again. Once again the feel was completely off, I increased both the tire force and ffb but it made no difference. Did a practice race anyway but was around 1.5-2 seconds a lap off what i was setting in race trim a coupke of days ago with a best of only 1:49.3 :roll: Couldn't get a proper feel for the car and the third chicane and left hander in the stadium were a particular problem. The latter was my favourite corner before today....

Yep control inputs have always been an issue from day one, my Xbox controller still bares the scars (as does the wall) from it. My Thrustmaster TMX won't run for longer than a hour on it but I think that's more a support issue from both SMS and TM than a actual game/wheel issue. And the Logitechs LBC/RBC buttons don't work either which is a pain.

Found some info on the pC2 discussion forum that might be related - "The approach SMS has taken for wheels is different than the traditional approach. Most older titles just treat all wheels as a basic USB device and send the same instructions to whatever it is. This works but doesn't really take all advantages if you spent more money on a high class wheel vs. someone with a lesser expensive one. Instead, SMS has used the manufacturer API's for the wheels. This allows them to take advantage of any manufacturer specific functions, but this also means any issues with the manufacturer drivers will cause issues."
Not sure if this will fix anything, but most likely it will just be a different set of issues. We'll know pretty soon anyway!

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by niblips Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:17 pm

yeah, strangest thing with that xbox update. It completely wiped the wheel settings. I had to reset everything. It feels ok, but not how it was on Thursday night before the update.

May or may not have comms tonight. Still waiting for my new headset to arrive.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Yeah I've decided to hold fire on pCars 2 following all the wheel issues of the first one and what we spoke about recently.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:33 pm

That was really fun race! Glad I actually got to do it. Right after it ended, the bucket dropped out here.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:54 pm

Shneeb108 wrote:That was really fun race! Glad I actually got to do it. Right after it ended, the bucket dropped out here.

Happy you had a good night mate.
I hope you and all the other guys in the way of that weather stay safe and see you at the Glen next Saturday.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next