Round 5: Rally Finland

Go down

Round 5: Rally Finland  Empty Round 5: Rally Finland

Post by EpilepticToast Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Round 5: Rally Finland  S8r510

Round 5 is now open! Good luck to all drivers and teams competing in Rally Finland!

Stages, services and conditions for Round 5 of the championship:
Round 5: Rally Finland  Dsrlrc19

Rally Finland stages are live from November 8th- 15th

Feel free to discuss your rally here & post any pictures, videos, gameclips, stream links, summaries etc. from round 5 in this thread.

Registration: http://www.thedsrl.com/t856-dsrl-rc-season-8-registration
Racenet link (live timing, full schedule and rally results): https://www.dirtgame.com/us/leagues/league/66869/the-dsrl-rc
Results & Standings: http://www.thedsrl.com/t860-dsrl-rc-season-8-results-standings

Last edited by EpilepticToast on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Round 5: Rally Finland  Empty Re: Round 5: Rally Finland

Post by Sloe Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:28 am

Finland done Smile

I has a terrible first stage so had to get my act together for the rest of the rally.

Once again I was chasing down AjaxSixty6, we were trading times and with one stage to go I thought I had him but I lost time with a couple of spins, so he took the position.

A great rally, great choice of stages, I really enjoyed the night stages Cool

Quite a surprise on the leader board too, yes a DNF can happen to the best.

Good luck boys and girls Smile

Sloe

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Sloe wrote:Finland done Smile

I has a terrible first stage so had to get my act together for the rest of the rally.

Once again I was chasing down AjaxSixty6, we were trading times and with one stage to go I thought I had him but I lost time with a couple of spins, so he took the position.

A great rally, great choice of stages, I really enjoyed the night stages Cool

Quite a surprise on the leader board too, yes a DNF can happen to the best.

Good luck boys and girls Smile

Glad to hear you enjoyed the rally Sloe!

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Today is the final day to complete round 5! Timer expires at 7pm EST/ 12am GMT

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Update:  GTR Technical had a time upload failure when racenet was down yesterday resulting in a bugged time being shown. He has provided proof of all his stage times in order for them to be added up correctly as racenet has had a wobbly. The time and placement for him shown on the in game leaderboard is incorrect.
stages 1-7
Round 5: Rally Finland  Techni10
stage 8
Round 5: Rally Finland  Tech210

his total time added up is 37:00.777

It doesn't appear anyone else suffered from this problem while racenet was down a few hours... but if you have, any evidence of your stage times will be accepted otherwise so it is fair.

Last edited by EpilepticToast on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:01 am

I had a terrible rally Finland, then this happened on the last stage so I didn't even finish  silent

mangled it earlier
Round 5: Rally Finland  K10

Last edited by EpilepticToast on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:43 am; edited 3 times in total

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:17 am

Round 5 is now complete!

Rally Finland:

21 entries
18 starters
12 finishers
3 DNS
6 DNF

Winner:
 GTR Technical - Ford Focus 07'

Congratulations to GTR Technical who claims his first DSRL RC win! He put in a fantastic drive to victory while other contenders ran into a lot of trouble in this brutal rally Finland. Racenet shows Technical in last place on the leaderboard due to an upload bug that makes it look like he retired, but his actual times have been confirmed and accepted as the racenet downtime and failure yesterday was totally out of his control.
Olex and RallymanVW rounded out the podium in this hard fought battle of attrition that saw 6 drivers retire including the championship leader. Team Race Clutch again took advantage where they could and stretched their team points lead even further, meanwhile the driver championship will go to the very end once again with Goliath, RallymanVW and myself heading into the final round close on points.        

Congratulations to all who managed to complete the harshest rally of the season!

Standings will be updated in the coming days... Next up is the final round, Rally Monte Carlo!

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by EightOneZero Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:33 am

EpilepticToast wrote:I had a terrible rally Finland, then this happened on the last stage so I didn't even finish  [smiley]https://2img.net/u/3613/21/73/64/smiles/3137082490.png[/smiley]

mangled it earlier
Round 5: Rally Finland  K10

Damn!

I think I had my best ever rally Finland. I actually took the time to try and make the car half decent to drive and only had a couple of accidents. One was nasty one though!

I was having my own little battle with Sloe going up and down on the leader board and the last stage was definitely my best and the most fun.

Sent from Topic'it App

EightOneZero

EightOneZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacidodomie Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:50 am

Hi all,

My Finland rally is a "copy/paste" of Sweden rally ...
I've never done a good stage.
The car was not steady at all.
I was too fast on crest, which makes me flying, but... we can't turn when we are flying, and the trees are real...
On SS6 I'd hit the bank on the first curve and had a puncture. Puncture on the first curve... what a pity !

Well, last stage Monte Carlo, I hope driving at home will makes me firing the chronos !!

Lacidodomie

Lacidodomie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down