1000km of Watkins Glen Briefing

Go down

1000km of Watkins Glen Briefing  Empty 1000km of Watkins Glen Briefing

Post by TM aidtheace Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:58 am

The Dedicated Sim Racing League presents the 1000km of Watkins Glen!

This is a one off event that will be hosted on the 6th August 2017.
The only car that will be used for this event is the Oreca 03 Nissan LMP2 car.
The reason for this is to keep the field close but TUNING will be ALLOWED!

To race in the event, you will need to be entered as a team. Teams can consist of 2,3 or 4 drivers of which all drivers must complete 1 of the 4 stints on offer.
There will be up to 14 teams allowed to enter, as there will be only ONE RACE LOBBY.
No driver may double stint meaning that for a team of two drivers, the drivers would need to alternate between sessions.
For example Driver 1 will complete sessions 1 and 3, and Driver 2 will complete sessions 2 and 4.

The race structure is simple.
The 1000km will be split into 4 sessions, each of 250km.
All drivers competing will be in the same session hosted by a race host or admin.

All assists will be set to REAL, with FULL DAMAGE ON, and only COCKPIT and HELMET CAM being used.

The race will have a maximum of 14 drivers in the lobby representing the 14 different teams. The 2 spare slots will be used by myself (DSRL aidtheace), and Webbers (DSRL Webbers88) to LIVE STREAM THE WHOLE EVENT. This will be on beam.com and will be there for drivers who want to watch how their team mates are getting on whilst not driving, with LIVE TIMING and COMMENTARY on offer.

We hope you look forward to racing this event.

Get your team together as Sign Ups will open later this week, along with livery selection and more information on session structure and weather conditions.

Stay tuned and get practising!

Any questions please just ask Smile

Cheers, Aid.

Last edited by DSRL aidtheace on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

1000km of Watkins Glen Briefing  Empty Re: 1000km of Watkins Glen Briefing

Post by Hurt MaGurt Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:56 am

YES!!! Love everything about this

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:13 am

This sounds fantastic  Very Happy . Can I just ask what time is it due to start as I can't seem to find that anywhere at the moment.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:This sounds fantastic  Very Happy . Can I just ask what time is it due to start as I can't seem to find that anywhere at the moment.

We are arranging a start time but the event should last around 5 hours if all goes smoothly.
We aim to have all Sunday night events finish by 10pm UK time.
This means that this event will no doubt start around 4pm ish UK time.
DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS! IT WILL BE CONFIRMED SOON! Smile

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:50 pm

DSRL aidtheace wrote:
Hammerpgh wrote:This sounds fantastic  Very Happy . Can I just ask what time is it due to start as I can't seem to find that anywhere at the moment.

We are arranging a start time but the event should last around 5 hours if all goes smoothly.
We aim to have all Sunday night events finish by 10pm UK time.
This means that this event will no doubt start around 4pm ish UK time.
DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS! IT WILL BE CONFIRMED SOON! Smile
Thanks Aid.. sounds good.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Any decision on Time of Day and weather set up?
I can't do much better than 1.39's with the heavy fuel load.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:13 am

Like the separate qualifying days idea Very Happy Can I just ask how long is the actual qualifying session? I see there is a one hour practice beforehand but no mention of the duration of the qualifying session.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Shneeb108 wrote:Any decision on Time of Day and weather set up?
I can't do much better than 1.39's with the heavy fuel load.

We dont have a confirmed time of day and weather as of yet, we will be posting up shortly. It will be all in day light hours probably from morning till dusk in game and weather will be dry of some form I would think.

Hammerpgh wrote:Like the separate qualifying days idea Very Happy Can I just ask how long is the actual qualifying session? I see there is a one hour practice beforehand but no mention of the duration of the qualifying session.

The qualifying sessions will all be 1 hour long and will feature a 1 hour practice before them if people are wanting it.
You may sign in for your sessions here, and you may only take part in 1 session per driver. Sign in page is HERE.
Also you dont have to do the full hour, you can just do 10 minutes if you feel that you only need that to set a time, as after all, its a long long race. Smile

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Aid / Webbers, have some questions
1. How do we change drivers?
2. Will we be able to drive with our individual tune or one tune for all drivers?
3. Do the teams need to specify the order of the drivers before the day?

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:57 pm

micko39 wrote:Aid / Webbers, have some questions
Each driver will take part in the stints they chooae between there teams. No driver can do two in a row. And teams will allocate these to there drivers who will do which one. You and your teammates will decide who will do which one. There will be a page opened up for you and your team to tell us before the event who will do what stint.
Hope that helps, if not il be on xbox tomorrow nighy to talk about it and explain in talking.

micko39 wrote:2. Will we be able to drive with our individual tune or one tune for all drivers?
Each driver can use there own tune. Although it may be good for you and your team to help eachother.

micko39 wrote:3. Do the teams need to specify the order of the drivers before the day?
Yeah, as i say there will be a page opened up soon where you and your team will let us know who you are allocating to what stint. You will then turn up 10 minutes before the time of your stint and be invited to a race lobby like normal.
Hope this all helps

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:09 pm

DSRL aidtheace wrote:
micko39 wrote:Aid / Webbers, have some questions
Each driver will take part in the stints they chooae between there teams. No driver can do two in a row. And teams will allocate these to there drivers who will do which one. You and your teammates will decide who will do which one. There will be a page opened up for you and your team to tell us before the event who will do what stint.
Hope that helps, if not il be on xbox tomorrow nighy to talk about it and explain in talking.

micko39 wrote:2. Will we be able to drive with our individual tune or one tune for all drivers?
Each driver can use there own tune. Although it may be good for you and your team to help eachother.

micko39 wrote:3. Do the teams need to specify the order of the drivers before the day?
Yeah, as i say there will be a page opened up soon where you and your team will let us know who you are allocating to what stint. You will then turn up 10 minutes before the time of your stint and be invited to a race lobby like normal.
Hope this all helps

Cheers Aid for your answers, so effectively each stint will be a new lobby with the respective drivers or have I got it wrong. Will be on tomorrow night for clarification

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 pm

micko39 wrote:Cheers Aid for your answers, so effectively each stint will be a new lobby with the respective drivers or have I got it wrong. Will be on tomorrow night for clarification

Yeah thats right. The first stint is at 4pm, stint 2 should be around 5.15pm, 3 should be at 6.30pm and stint 4 at around 7.45pm. Each lasting around 1 hr 15 mins.
So its like 4 smaller races, added up for your team.

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiraq Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:24 pm

gonna be there i guess

Chiraq

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:28 pm

Chiraq wrote:gonna be there i guess

You will need to be in a team for this race mate. As its a team event and is needed as its bassically like 4 races added together. I know Def, and micko have a team. Maybe join them.

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiraq Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:06 pm

DSRL aidtheace wrote:

You will need to be in a team for this race mate. As its a team event and is needed as its bassically like 4 races added together. I know Def, and micko have a team. Maybe join them.
no worries i know that i got a team of 4 Smile

Chiraq

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:16 pm

Chiraq wrote:
DSRL aidtheace wrote:

no worries i know that i got a team of 4 Smile

Best to get them all regitered on the forum then mate and get your team entry in, and qualifying slot booked in.
All drivers must be members of the forum to race.

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down