Thank You Indy guys

Go down

Thank You Indy guys Empty Thank You Indy guys

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:07 am

Well we've just had our last IndyCar race of the season and though it's been a long season it has been so much fun.
From being so slow and struggling at the start of the year to be much much quicker and far more technically minded and that not just me it's every body who's raced on Saturdays.
Firstly I'd like to say thank you to Paul for allowing me to host and run the series and for doing the standings for me after the races,  cheers mate.
Thank you to Aid for helping with pictures and showing me what buttons to push on the Admin panel and Toast for his support.
A big thank you to Chris who's constantly pushed me to have faith in my self that I can run a series.
I'd also like to say to the above guys sorry for banging on about IndyCar on a near hourly basis and for the strops I've had from time to time.
And most importantly a big thank you to everyone who has raced and made the hole thing enjoyable to organise, host and race with out you guys this season could have died in February.
It's been really good fun racing. Clean,hard,fun and fair. I've enjoyed the battles with OctoberDusk06 and Hammerphg as well as Hurt MaGurt and Rebel  in particular.
Also though the final standings haven't been finished yet a massive congratulations to OctoberDusk06 for winning the DSRL IndyCar World Challenge, well done mate.
With that I look forward to our next series (IndyLights) on Pcars 2 and most importantly the 2017 DSRL IndyCar World Challenge starting in January.
Again a MASSIVE thank you to everyone.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Thank You Indy guys Empty Re: Thank You Indy guys

Post by Rebel Whitey Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Thanks Rich, for organizing and hosting. I missed most of the season, due to real life commitments, however first class race etiquette and lively banter made for an enjoyable experience each time out. Looking forward to PCARS 2.

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks for hosting this series Rich. It really was one of the best ones the DSRL has done. Great racing all season. Can't wait for all that PCars 2 will bring.

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Great job with organizing this championship, Rich. It's been a big hit with many drivers and always fun to race in!
Huge congratulations to Octoberdusk for winning the inaugural season of the DSRL Indycar World Challenge!! Very Happy
I hope to make more races if I can next season...

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Just to echo everyone elses points, its been a great season and certainly one of the most fun series I've been involved in.  Some great racing and fun banter throughout. I'm disappointed to have missed four races but those I have taken part in have been top notch.

Cheers Rich for organising and everyone for the fun racing. Roll on the next series.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks guys.
I was looking to have some thing sorted for the next series but between getting the new game and figuring it all out I’m not there yet.
But it will be Formula C and it will have a oval flavour with a couple of road courses thrown in. And it should start before mid October.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Formula C, again? Meh.

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Rebel Whitey wrote:Formula C, again?  Meh.

There not the same car Rebel and it’s more just to get the guys used to driving ovals in open wheel cars.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Yeah, I get it. There are other open wheel options, though. Formula Renault, Formula Gulf....

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Rebel Whitey wrote:Yeah, I get it.  There are other open wheel options, though.  Formula Renault, Formula Gulf....
Formula Renault maybe but the car would need a lot of testing and there is no Gulf car. In fact the Formula C is a modernised Gulf car in some ways

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Whatever's clever. It just seems like we keep seeing the same cars. Formula C, Ginetta Juniors, GT3, P2.

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Rebel Whitey wrote:Whatever's clever.  It just seems like we keep seeing the same cars.  Formula C, Ginetta Juniors, GT3, P2.

I know what your saying mate. Of course the other option is to just have oval testing days in The Indycar but I’m not sure how popular that would be.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Testing days would be fine with me.

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:07 am

Rebel Whitey wrote:Testing days would be fine with me.  

May be I should put up a poll and see how we go.
In many ways that would make it easier for me and give me more time to set up the next IndyCar series.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:20 pm

I've been in a lot of leagues, and this one was the best for many reasons -- the obvious, the intense on track battles with virtually all of the top runners at some point, the new friendships gained, the user-friendly website, the impeccable administration here who picked tracks like they lived in Indianapolis, and the people, who made everything a blast and hilarious.

Thank you all. Look forward to many many more.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down