Rearranged sign ups for IndyCar World Challenge Round 11 Brands Hatch GP August 26th

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rearranged sign ups for IndyCar World Challenge  Round 11 Brands Hatch GP August 26th - Page 2 Empty Re: Rearranged sign ups for IndyCar World Challenge Round 11 Brands Hatch GP August 26th

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I can confirm I am definitely out now guys...

Birthday surprise for me yesterday as the missus revealed that she has booked for me to go up to Manchester for the weekend to visit my daughter who is due her first child next month. So I'll be gone from after work tomorrow until late Monday.

Enjoy the race. I guess I was never meant to race this one...

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Rearranged sign ups for IndyCar World Challenge  Round 11 Brands Hatch GP August 26th - Page 2 Empty Re: Rearranged sign ups for IndyCar World Challenge Round 11 Brands Hatch GP August 26th

Post by MichaeI Watts Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Sad

MichaeI Watts

MichaeI Watts

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Hammerpgh wrote:I can confirm I am definitely out now guys...

Birthday surprise for me yesterday as the missus revealed that she has booked for me to go up to Manchester for the weekend to visit my daughter who is due her first child next month. So I'll be gone from after work tomorrow until late Monday.

Gutted mate was looking forward to running with you again Saturday. But at the same time happy you've got a great result.
Enjoy your weekend fella.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:33 pm

I will not be able to make this race now either Sad , sorry... away for the weekend.

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:41 pm

EpilepticToast wrote:I will not be able to make this race now either Sad , sorry... away for the weekend.
Again a shame but enjoy your weekend mate.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:51 pm

DSRLReadingRich wrote:
Hammerpgh wrote:I can confirm I am definitely out now guys...

Gutted mate was looking forward to running with you again Saturday. But at the same time happy you've got a great result.
Enjoy your weekend fella.
Cheers buddy. I hope you have good race and there's a decent sized grid that this track deserves.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 am

WoodyLizard posts IN via LIVE message.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by FTR mov Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:37 pm

in

FTR mov

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:54 pm

Weather is up dated

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:19 am

In, my wife is away for weekend, so I might need to pull over off track during the race to tend to my son as some of you know it's Sunday morning for me. Looking forward to this, no laps so will be off the pace but will do my best to have my son sorted and happy before the start of the race.

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:12 pm

WoodyLizard wrote:In, my wife is away for weekend, so I might need to pull over off track during the race to tend to my son as some of you know it's Sunday morning for me. Looking forward to this, no laps so will be off the pace but will do my best to have my son sorted and happy before the start of the race.

I feel your pain mate, my wife works on the Saturdays and with there being a mega age difference between my eldest and youngest it's near impossible to get the younger 2 in bed.

We'll also have OctoberDusk06 with us tonight.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:12 pm

Great racing tonight. Couldn't get a clean lap in quali, and threw a podium away, in the pits. My last two races have been plagued by a lazy crew, who can't multi task. Fun, just the same. Thanks, DSRL!

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 pm

Yeah great race guys! I enjoyed sweating my ass off for an hour trying to keep that 1500lb beast on the tarmac. Congrats to October for the win, I was happy to finish where I did.

MichaeI Watts

MichaeI Watts

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:01 am

Firstly I'd like to say a massive thank you to everyone tonight  9 cars on track was just amazing and short of a couple of instances it was pretty clean racing and it was great seeing some new faces to the series.

Much like Rebel I struggled getting a optimum lap in qualifying but even though I was not at my fastest once I'd seen the pole lap I wasn't too disappointed.
My race started ok with Rebel getting the jump on me at the start as I back out slightly as not to get caught up in to any T1 issues (that never came) around lap 11 I made a mistake going into Dingle Dell Corner wittch made me graze the barriers coming out of the corner which took the tracking out so I had to make a early box.
This put me a lap down and meant I'd still need more fuel to make the another gas stop but I got my head to chase Shneeb down but before I could get to him Micko ended up be the next car up the road and he made the same error I did so I avoided him but WoodyLizard who was right on my rear wing was collected by Mickos rebounding car. I then made my way up the field past Shneeb when he boxed and up to around 4th or 5th with Rebel and Mov also boxing and Hurt about 20 -30 second up the road.
But I got caught out by traffic which I just couldn't get close enough on the straights so Hurt ended up catching me up for the lapping pass after which I boxed again and Rebel went back past and Micko was just behind me. I could have had a quicker stop but being in the first box meant there was no time to adjust for fuel so it was quick to just take a full tank.
After that I was just trying to hunt Rebel down and got within 5-5.5 seconds but in my efforts to catch him I kept losing the back of the car at Clark Curve and looked as if Micko would catch me so in the end I settled for the place rather than drop another one.
A great night lots of fun and not easy to pass.
I'm looking forward to Hockenhiem Classic in 2 weeks (hopefully many of you will be there).
It was also great to hear other guys buzzing about having ovals in Project Cars 2.

Is congratulations to are pole man and top 3

POLE: FTR Mov

Winner: OctoberDusk06
2nd:    Michael Watts (DynoMight Racing)
3rd:     Hurt MaGurt

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:23 am

Ovals.. are going to be Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... Very Happy Very Happy

On another not, pertaining to Webbers last post, I hope Admin can change my name without me starting a new profile.

MichaeI Watts

MichaeI Watts

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:30 am

DynoMight Racing wrote:Ovals.. are going to be Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... Very Happy Very Happy

On another not, pertaining to Webbers last post, I hope Admin can change my name without me starting a new profile.

I will let some one far wiser than my self attempt that but it can be done.

Also I have posted in the calendar thread with regards to Hockenhiem Classic

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:09 am

Perfect car and track combo, I'm just getting started with Indy, but I have to say it is thrilling!

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:20 am

teat

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:04 am

I enjoyed my first Indy race but didn't do enough testing. Was off the pace in qually then had a big moment at Dingle Dell and had to pit. Stetegy said hard or soft not prime / alternative so I went soft and was immediately 2 secs quicker, these were he tyres I should have fitted for qually....dummy! Will miss Hockenhiem but will be back for Watkins.

Great win OctoberDusk06 and hosting by Rich Very Happy

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:11 am

What a race. I have never competed against such a diverse and fast group of former xbox league champions and come out on top, without some serious help or low numbers. Michael, you are officially fast in anything and pushed me hard. I would never have made it past you but for that mistake (think it was T1). That hump after the apex is tricky in an open wheel car or prototype. I was thinking "great...usually Rich or Eric, or Peter, or Toast, or...someone always gets me. But not this time. It may be a while, so I need to savor. lol.

Brands is a track that I have run more on than any place else but Road Atlanta. Even RA pales because most of it was in Forza. There is something about Brands that pulls me to it. It's got similar corners, but the apexes and approach are completely different, and the camber falls off in one, only to massively help in another. That shows you how fast the ringers were, lol, since it's a tough ass track in an open wheel car that can get skittish when you are required to take kerbing to go fast. Well done to everyone.

My vote for next season is to:
1) Follow the actual season, with maybe a primer on ovals in a lighter car. Do they have the Indy Lights Car? I love that thing.
2) Get rid of all the assists. Force cockpit (j/k...sorta).
3) Run 100% distance to the lap.
4) Let the game start us rolling.
5) If the races are shorter, double the tire wear and fuel to match the shorter distance, and make both compounds mandatory, like IRL.

If pCARS2 delivers, that could be a blockbuster of a league.

I think this is the replay. If not, I'll get one soon.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

Back to top Go down

Post by WoodyLizard Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:58 pm

All I can say, is if you guys are happy to keep running a series same later time on a Saturday night, count this little Aussie in!

WoodyLizard

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:22 pm

I'm in for next year.

MichaeI Watts

MichaeI Watts

​

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:47 pm

DynoMight Racing wrote:I'm in for next year.

Well we all can forget winning on ovals then. Sad Razz

I'm in too depending on the format, schedule and rules. Here is my video from Sat.

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:56 pm

I'll be putting up a provisional calendar for next year soon.
It will be every other Saturday and the same time slot but races will be either real world distance/laps for actual IndyCar circuits or be either a historical distance/laps for tracks the have been used in the past by Cart/IRL and for tracks that haven't been used for either I will look at track distance and track distance of real world circuits and work it out from there.
Basically a road/street race would be around 90-120 minutes long. Ovals will be X number of miles i.e. Indy 500.
As for ovals it will all depend how well people stay out of trouble. I used to do a Forza 5 series on another site and would get owned on the road courses but when we did Indy I'd come a live.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaeI Watts Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Unless they come out with with more Ovals in a DLC there's only 3 including Daytona, which would be pretty scary...240 mph no downforce.

MichaeI Watts

MichaeI Watts

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next