IndyCar World Challenge Round 5 Nurburgring GP 20/5/17 sign ups

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 5 Nurburgring GP 20/5/17 sign ups  - Page 2 Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Round 5 Nurburgring GP 20/5/17 sign ups

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 11:26 pm

Wow, what a race. Spent the last 20-25 minute following OctoberDusk06 in the worlds largest Dallara with no way of getting past only to make a error into the chicane on the last lap to bump me down to 6th.
Congratulations to niblips for his win absolutely storming run.
It was a shame for Zarf and Idiot who both had engine failures early on and for Rebel with his mapping issues. A tough night for WoodyLizard who was clearly suffering with his ribs.
Top 3 are
1st niblips2
2nd Lemarrrr
3rd OctoberDusk06
Well done lads great racing and looking foreword to Road America in 2 weeks time.
IndyCar World Challenge Round 5 Nurburgring GP 20/5/17 sign ups  - Page 2 Img_3710

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

IndyCar World Challenge Round 5 Nurburgring GP 20/5/17 sign ups  - Page 2 Empty Re: IndyCar World Challenge Round 5 Nurburgring GP 20/5/17 sign ups

Post by niblips Sat May 20, 2017 11:34 pm

Sorry about the start guys. I didn't know if anyone could hear me, i couldn't hear anyone. I wasn't quite sure where to start it actually. Anyway, it was fun. Zarf was on my tail after the start for a few laps. I would build a bit of a gap then make a slight mistake and he would gain it again. Then he just fell off the back like he had a problem with his car. After that i was just trying to put in solid laps.
Stopped a lap early for tyres and fuel then had a few bad laps near the end. ran wide at turn 4 once and got the slow down, then lost it at the chicane after clearing a couple back markers. I stayed off track so they could regain position. Then ran safe to the flag.

My twitch ran for the whole of the first practice, and Quali, and the warm up. Then when we went to the race start it crapped out. I noticed it about 5 laps in. When i stopped for tyres and fuel i restarted it, so i got the last half anyway.

niblips

niblips

Back to top Go down

Post by OctoberDusk06 Sun May 21, 2017 10:18 am

Wow, what a cracker of a race!
After no practice during the week and a lackluster qualifying, I thought I was in for a long slog in the back. I was lucky to get from 8th to 5th after a couple of cars went off in turn one after the start. Got up to 4th, trying to catch Rich in 3rd. Actually got up to 2nd for a while, but nowhere near the rocket-powred Karl, as he stayed 30 secs. ahead and pulled away.
From there, I held it pretty well, until the latter laps, when the faster cars started getting me back on pace. I was still off pace the whole race, but got comfortable with the rhythm of the track pretty quickly...a good fit.
By the time I pit, I'm tooling around in 5th and thinking "shake and bake baby" -- only this time it was strategy - something that hardly ever works for me in Project Cars and usually backfires. My tires just didn't look that bad, so I took no tires, at half-way, and saved the seconds. Turned out to be a good call.
Came out and eventually settled into 3rd with Rich all over me. I did my best Max Verstappen impression (without the reckless moves under braking) and managed to hold off what was a certainly faster 4th place finisher. Good job bud!. And great racing with you. I have the you tube below. Congrats to nibs also! Class of the field.
My race:

OctoberDusk06

OctoberDusk06

​

http://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob.140186/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammerpgh Mon May 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Nice racing guys, I got home around the halfway mark and was able to catch some of the action from Niblips and Octobers Twitch feeds. Nice tight lines from Rob to keep Rich at bay for that final podium spot. Just shows that you can have some top racing even when the numbers are down Smile

Still disappointed to have missed out on the fun and the chance for some good racing up the sharp end with Karl here. Probably the best pace i've had in this series so far as I was able to get in some decent practice during the week.

Anyway, looking forward to Road America.. not a great deal of experience there so need to get in some serious laps next week.

Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemarrrrrr Mon May 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Just wanted to add what other people have said and the racing in this championship has been awesome, very competitive but also fair and firm. After starting from P3 and an incident which left me at the back of the pack, I managed to race back through the field and finish P2, another podium and some good points. Great racing all through the field so well done to all the drivers who regularly compete in this series. Looking forward to Road America, just started some practice and its looking good. Can't wait for the next race

Lemarrrrrr

Lemarrrrrr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2