DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 5: Watkins Glen GP (7th May)

Go down

DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 5: Watkins Glen GP (7th May) Empty DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 5: Watkins Glen GP (7th May)

Post by TM aidtheace Tue May 02, 2017 1:39 pm

DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 5: Watkins Glen GP (7th May) Gt3_he11

The track hosting this event is Watkins Glen GP circuit. This will be Round 5 of 8 on the calendar.

To take part in this season race,you MUST have registered for the championship here.HERE.

All the Rules, Regulations, Calendar, and Lobby settings can be found here.HERE.

Time
America
Eastern Time Zone: 15:00pm
Central Time Zone: 14:00pm
Mexico: 14:00pm
Mountain Time Zone: 13:00pm
Western Time Zone: 15:00pm
Europe
UK: 20:00pm
Germany: 21:00pm
Netherlands: 21:00pm
Denmark: 21:00pm
Finland: 21:00pm

assists
Damage: Performance impacting
Automatic transmission
Suggested line
Real assists are permitted

Q
By posting "IN" in the weekly race thread you will be assigned to a qualification lobby (registration closes at 6:00pm UK). Qualification starts at 8:15pm UK at the latest! If you're not online or still have connection issues then, you’ll miss the chance to race.
Lobby Timings and Format
The host will start the lobby at 7:45pm UK
Anyone that is NOT able to connect. PM your lobby host.
Single reboot of router allowed, as long as you're ready in the lobby at 8:15pm UK
8.15pm UK qualification starts

Lobby Settings
Qualification: 20 mins
Race: 35 Laps + 1 Lap for formation lap
Damage difficulty:
Damage: Performance Impact
Mechanical Failure: Yes
Tyre Wear: Real
Fuel Usage: Real

Max lobby size: 16 drivers
Weather: 1 Slot
Slot 1: CLEAR
Weather Progression: Sync to race
Time: 20:00 |May 7th| Real Time Progression

+
Do not edit a previously made post with an "IN" as we won't be looking for that, post a new reply instead!
Are online at race time (preferably even 5 minutes earlier to make things easier)
Your status isn't set to "appear offline"
Have friend requested the lobby host.

Division 1:
IN: (7)
- DSRL aidtheace (HOST)
- EpilepticToast
- micko39
- HRT MURPHY
- iiDelinquinTii
- DSRL Webbers88
- FAF Stoned Stig

Not Posted: (15)
- Zarf
- IdIoT1995
- bradleys406
- tha Sup3rN0va
- Drizzle_180sx
- Battierincluded
- DSRL Drift
- The Dalai Toma
- wcborstle999
- Jstot (1st RESERVE)
- CopperNuts08 (2nd RESERVE)
- Chunt04 (3rd RESERVE)
- x Stealthy 1 x (4th RESERVE)
- HaveBlue112 (5th RESERVE)
- PraiseTHC420 (6th RESERVE)

Out: (0)

Division 2:
IN: (10)
- Hurt MaGurt(HOST)
- B1200
- kushman98
- markdevries78
- stevielow
- LE MUNDO
- DSRL MCDuff
- DSRL ReadingRich
- Gixer916er (1st RESERVE)
- Simonz01 (2nd RESERVE)

Not Posted: (11)
- Intimidator888
- Mc Dabins
- Joe W
- TLP STaLLiOnO
- MrMarko1100
- oO Woodman Oo
- Rebel Whitey
- HateW0rldW1de
- ncINFEDELcb (2nd RESERVE)

Out: (1)
- BigDtheMighty

Last edited by DSRL aidtheace on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:31 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : 6pm curfew)

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 5: Watkins Glen GP (7th May) Empty Re: DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 5: Watkins Glen GP (7th May)

Post by EpilepticToast Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 pm

in

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 5: Watkins Glen GP (7th May) Empty Re: DSRL GT3 Endurance Series, Round 5: Watkins Glen GP (7th May)

Post by Hurt MaGurt Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm

In

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Wed May 03, 2017 9:40 pm

IN

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaveTheMighty Thu May 04, 2017 5:21 am

I'm out of this round. It's Mrs Dave's birthday.

I'll be back for Le Mans though!

BigDaveTheMighty

BigDaveTheMighty

Back to top Go down

Post by EP3 Murphy Thu May 04, 2017 12:41 pm

In

EP3 Murphy

EP3 Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by B1200 Thu May 04, 2017 8:33 pm

In

B1200

B1200

​

Back to top Go down

Post by kushman Fri May 05, 2017 12:29 pm

in

kushman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 05, 2017 12:44 pm

In

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by 3ddi3_94 Fri May 05, 2017 3:22 pm

In

3ddi3_94

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 05, 2017 4:27 pm

IN

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark78 Sat May 06, 2017 12:08 am

In

mark78

Back to top Go down

Post by LE MUNDO Sun May 07, 2017 1:44 am

LE MUNDO IN

LE MUNDO

Back to top Go down

Post by stevielow Sun May 07, 2017 9:10 am

in

stevielow

stevielow

​

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmWvptjTrmCImdVWfEQ77pA

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Sun May 07, 2017 12:35 pm

We have 11 so far for tonight's race. Be aware. Will be one lobby if under 16 drivers.
I think there is a lack of numbers as Project Cars is coming to near the end of its life, for PCars2 im sure we will see a lot of drivers return. Thanks to those who turn up week in week out! Smile

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunt04 Sun May 07, 2017 2:50 pm

I think the last race was light due to it being Easter. I may be able to make the race today, but it's depending on how my day shapes up. We have company in from out of town and I'm not sure when they will be leaving. I'll be available for the rest of the season after this weekend.

Chunt04

Chunt04

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Sun May 07, 2017 3:27 pm

ADMIN.......how many laps???

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Sun May 07, 2017 4:14 pm

micko39 wrote:ADMIN.......how many laps???

Sorry. Its 35 racing laps mate. 36 in total Smile

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by stonedstig Sun May 07, 2017 5:05 pm

In

stonedstig

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonz01 Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 pm

In

Simonz01

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Sun May 07, 2017 5:35 pm

In. Will be in a new car/ team. Will have clarified the rules by time quali starts.

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 07, 2017 5:37 pm

In

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Sun May 07, 2017 6:42 pm

DSRL aidtheace wrote:
micko39 wrote:ADMIN.......how many laps???

Sorry. Its 35 racing laps mate. 36 in total Smile

Cheers Aide

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 08, 2017 10:01 am

Well I really didn't enjoy that race...

I think it may have been better with two lobbies, but who knows. I was getting lots of framerate issues and on some corners was having to predict where the track was going to be. I lost a couple of secs a lap from my offline practice times. It also caused me to spin at the bus stop on the very first lap so had to cope with suspension damage until my pitstop which lost me another couple of seconds a lap. My scheduled pitsop was going to be lap 20, but I had to come in a lap early as massive lag put me in the barrier at the top of the hill (turn 2?) and totaled the front of the car which meant I had to slowly weave round the lap to the pits.

I spent far too much of the race having to look in the mirror for faster approaching traffic, and whilst that may be fun for you fast guys to get past the slower cars, I don't think it was as much fun for us.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Tue May 09, 2017 8:57 am

Well you did better than me Gix. I had a woeful night which culminated in me getting booted for losing it after letting Toast through. My fault though.
Would it have been better with two lobbies? Sure, if enough people had bothered to turn up. But to reiterate, when 16 or less registered drivers turn up only one lobby will be opened. Reserves are invited to join league races to boost the numbers, not divide them. Division 2 would have been able to run a reasonable lobby with 11 cars, but Div 1 would have had 6. For an hours racing. That would have been dull.
Yes there were some issues with faster cars passing etiquette, but equally there were issues with lapped cars etiquette. These areas need work and we are looking at them in some depth currently. Essentially though, passing and being passed is all part of GT racing and it's on ALL OF US to make the most out of the experience and the opportunity.
Unfortunately I can't comment on the lag as I didn't experience any. I think we need to accept the game will be a bit more unstable now during the run out period. If it's a major issue and people insist it's ruining races we will perhaps impose Speed test submissions 5 mins before race time. Anyone below a predetermined ping will be excluded from he events.
There's a LOT going on behind closed doors mate, picking up an all the quibbles and moans we currently hear. Will it fix our remaining p-cars 1 time, probably not, not with big series like gt3, but if we can start afresh with pcars 2 with a better structure and more fair, race like enjoyable systems.
Stick with it buddy. Or concentrate on the closer sprint race series , but don't give up. McDuff 🐘

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down