Hey from Ireland

Go down

Hey from Ireland  Empty Hey from Ireland

Post by Duilsk Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:18 am

Hey guys,
A little about me..
I am a mature ish gamer 44. I've been a gamer all my life which means I was lucky enough to witness the start of gaming and watch it evolve into the amazing learning, entertainment and social animal it has become.

I am new to sim racing and terrible at it right now but I am determined to learn all I can and I'm having a lot of fun doing it.
I am always happy to make new friends esp with people willing to teach a very willing student racer or people of a similar skill level who would like to race or practice together.
I would love to join the leagues but will wait until my skill level increases to the point I won't ruin other people's race.
I really look forward to the competition when I do :-)
I started taking racing seriously about a month ago, I started with all assists on, started using gears 2 weeks ago and have been turning assists off gradually since. I've always loved sims but never had the time till now.

Gamertag: Duilsk - Feel free to add me and say hello in a mesaage so I know you are from here.
Nationality: Irish
Console: Xbox one X. Planning pc build.
Mic: Yes preferably.
Sim skill level 1 - 10: 0.5
Wheel: Logitech G920.
Pedals: The ones that come with said wheel.
Shifter: Logitech add on shifter for said wheel and pedals.
Rig/Cockpit: GT Omega Art.
Games/Sims
Forza 7 - I'm rubbish, I don't spend much time with it.
Forza Horizon 3 - Don't like it, doesn't work well with my wheel.
F1 2017 - I'm not too bad, learning a lot and improving a lot everyday. Medium to hard Ai and many assists off. Working towards all assists off soon.
Assetto Corsa: Very new to it and love it, I'm rubbish but will spend the time to learn and get better. Started with all assists off apart from stability control.

Duilsk

Duilsk

Back to top Go down

Hey from Ireland  Empty Re: Hey from Ireland

Post by Hurt MaGurt Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:57 am

Welcome to the DSRL.
Assetto Corsa is a great game and a much better experience with a wheel than Forza(which we don't race here). We are wrapping up a season in the Tatuus FA01 which is a really easy car to drive.

Our main game is Project CARS 2. I played Forza 3, 4 and 5 with a wheel and when Project Cars 1 came out I never went back. The car and track selection is great, especially compared to Assetto. You should check it out. We have a GT3 series starting soon. GT3s are good to drive and you'll always find online public lobbies.

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Duilsk Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:54 am

Thanks for that. I will definately check it out.
I enjoyed Forza 7 using the controller but just couldn't get into it using my wheel. I stuck with F1 2017 because forza was so bad. I doubt I will ever go back to it now that I've discovered Assetto Corsa. Forza was a chore whereas AC is fun, difficult but fun and I'm sure will be even more so once I master it.
I'm going to practice today and see if I'm good enough to enter the race tomorrow evening.

Duilsk

Duilsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloe Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Hello there Smile

Sloe

Sloe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content