DSRL Ginetta Junior Championship, Round 7: Mazda Laguna Seca (11th June)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DSRL Ginetta Junior Championship, Round 7: Mazda Laguna Seca (11th June) - Page 2 Empty Re: DSRL Ginetta Junior Championship, Round 7: Mazda Laguna Seca (11th June)

Post by stonedstig Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Gixer pal not to late to take my setup. Offers still there. Its consistant and fast plus easy to drive

stonedstig

Back to top Go down

DSRL Ginetta Junior Championship, Round 7: Mazda Laguna Seca (11th June) - Page 2 Empty Re: DSRL Ginetta Junior Championship, Round 7: Mazda Laguna Seca (11th June)

Post by Guest Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Hello Lads,
Just a note after discussion with the other Admins during the qualifying (and indeed the race) the total length of the pit out must be used.
I know most people do but it's worth saying as it can look like the exit is early especially if the cones have been taken out.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by stevielow Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:46 pm

simonz in

stevielow

stevielow

​

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmWvptjTrmCImdVWfEQ77pA

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:17 am

Well that sucked!

Race 1 i got lag spaiked into another car at the start before the lights went green and got a jump start,lol, i did my drive through and came out last,lol
somehow with others going off and lag helping i got back to finish 3rd i think.

Race 2 started 4th then going off track to avoid spinners i got a 10 sec slow down,lol.
again i was last, got back to 8th but that was it i was too far behind to cathe any one else up.

Then in race 3 going upto the corkscrew i hit an imaginery road block which threw the back of my car up in the air like i had been smsched in the rear meaning a big spin and a tech engine damage, race over.

I have to say that the lag in this game has gotten slowly worse each time i play, and its now at a point where its nearly unplayable, rubber banding is terrible, worst ive seen in any game.

one round to go and im done with it, i may even have to go back to forza where the racing is bad but stable,lol

d4ninho

d4ninho
​​
​​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:08 am

I never have any lag issues except in this particular championship, and then only when certain people are playing.  these lag issues still seem to happen even after I leave so you can get on with your game.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Everyone connects to everyone else. You send your "telemetry data to everyone else in the lobby, and they send theirs to you. Your local game then translates that data into their car on your track.
There is always some amount of latency present in lobbies, but the game can filter most normal latency out. Issues start to happen when the distance between the people in the lobby grows (physical distance). This really comes into play when jumping continents.
Connection issues can happen if an individual's ISP is not routing WAN traffic correctly to other ISPs. This happens a lot more than you think. These issues can actually impact one service and not another (which is port related).
7:00 ~ 9:00 pm is smack dab in the middle of prime internet usage time. With more and more people dropping Cable TV service and going to Streaming TV, it's only going to get worse until the providers upgrade their networks/equipment/services/routing priorities.
We’ve been monitoring the service here in Florida and we see at 7:10 pm every night that the packet loss goes up drastically until about 9:00 PM due to everyone getting home from work and getting on the web. Maybe this time frame is not so good for gaming time.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Also, Sunday nights is the busiest time of the week for people using the internet.

Admin

Back to top Go down

DSRL Ginetta Junior Championship, Round 7: Mazda Laguna Seca (11th June) - Page 2 Empty Lag

Post by Shneeb108 Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:38 pm

DSRL Webbers88 wrote:Also, Sunday nights is the busiest time of the week for people using the internet.

Yeah, that too !!

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Maybe we should try a different host next time? Without dedicated servers a lot rides on the hosts connection.

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:35 pm

If everyone can post their ISP stats', then maybe you can choose the best performer in the UK area to host.
DSRL Ginetta Junior Championship, Round 7: Mazda Laguna Seca (11th June) - Page 2 Ping_data

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by micko39 Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:27 pm

d4ninho wrote:Well that sucked!

Race 1 i got lag spaiked into another car at the start before the lights went green and got a jump start,lol, i did my drive through and came out last,lol
somehow with others going off and lag helping i got back to finish 3rd i think.

Race 2 started 4th then going off track to avoid spinners i got a 10 sec slow down,lol.
again i was last, got back to 8th but that was it i was too far behind to cathe any one else up.

Then in race 3 going upto the corkscrew i hit an imaginery road block which threw the back of my car up in the air like i had been smsched in the rear meaning a big spin and  a tech engine damage, race over.

I have to say that the lag in this game has gotten slowly worse each time i play, and its now at a point where its nearly unplayable, rubber banding is terrible, worst ive seen in any game.

one round to go and im done with it, i may even have to go back to forza where the racing is bad but stable,lol

No wonder you was peed off.
Wonder how many DSRL drivers have Forza 6. If there are enough we could set up a private lobby.
Who would be up for this?

micko39

micko39

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:03 pm

There is no actual connection 'host' in Forza. Whereas in other games, somebody hosts the game, and everyone connects to them, in Forza the 'host' is only the host of the lobby, e.g. the settings for the race etc. When a person joins he/she then connects not just to the host, but to everyone that is in the lobby. That is why we get so many connection errors with not being able to join. In a normal game, all that has to happen for anyone to be able to join is the host to have an open NAT setting and it doesn't then matter about anyone else. In Forza though, it the host sets up a game, a second player joins and happens to have a closed NAT, that then means anyone with a moderate or closed NAT cannot join until this person has left the game.

I personally can't be jumping back and forth between SIM and SIMCADE games. It really throws me off, the FM6 physics are like ice skating.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:16 pm

I can actually stomach the LMP and Prototype cars in FM6, and the NASCAR series is not too bad if you like oval's. I liked the Porsche expansion, but then when they came to AC, and it was a whole nother' level! If FM7 does not have better physics and all 4 wheel adjustments, then I'm out.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Shneeb108 Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Here is some Router info, if you don't already know this.
Channels 1, 6, and 11 do not overlap. 6 is the most common. All other channels will overlap with two other channels either way (spread spectrum). Example: Channel 6 will also use 4,5,7,8... 11 will use 9,10,11+,11+... 1 will use -1,-1,2,3
If you select channel 4, then it will use 2,3,4,5,6 which overlaps channel 1 zone and channel 6 zone which will cause intermittent issues.
Best thing to do if you want cleaner WiFi is go the dual band route (running both 2.4gHz and 5gHz together).
2.4gHz for legacy devices and 5gHz for new devices. The only drawbvack to 5gHz is range. It's shorter than 2.4gHz.
2.4 gHz channel graphic.

Shneeb108

Shneeb108

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2