New Slow Racer

Go down

New Slow Racer Empty New Slow Racer

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi,

I'm new here and only just got an Xbox One a couple weeks ago. Been trying to get up to speed on Project Cars and also playing bumper cars on Forza6 online and looking for something a bit more civilized. I like to keep it real so play with no assists (on controller though!), so possibly making it harder for myself so will be fighting hard for last place and collecting wooden spoons.

Cheers

SteveO

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New Slow Racer Empty Re: New Slow Racer

Post by TM aidtheace Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Gixer916er wrote:Hi,

I'm new here and only just got an Xbox One a couple weeks ago. Been trying to get up to speed on Project Cars and also playing bumper cars on Forza6 online and looking for something a bit more civilized. I like to keep it real so play with no assists (on controller though!), so possibly making it harder for myself so will be fighting hard for last place and collecting wooden spoons.

Cheers

SteveO

Hello. And welcome to the DSRL! You have come.to the right place if you want to race clean and competitively. But dont worry, we have a range of driver skills and plenty of new ideas and racing series coming in the new year. This year is coming to a close but you can definetly take part in the Wednesday Night fun events ran by Stevielow. And you can try your hand at the GT1 series but would first need to complete our seeding run before next sunday to to take part.
We hope you stick around and get involved.
Cheers. Aid

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:50 pm

quick edit to my original post....I don't play with no assists, i'm not that much of a hero! - I have driving assists set to real, so I guess if the car has ABS,STM & TCS then I am using them.

I did try turning them off, but spun out almost every time i looked at a corner exit.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Welcome.
Many of our leagues don't allow STM and TCS but it's not that hard to get used to. All it takes is practice. Many of us here use wheels, but there are a few really quick controller users who might be able to help you or point you in the right direction with controller setups to make P Cars easier.

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:45 pm

Welcome! I am new to racing myself, also have assist on real. So going to train
with assist off. I hope too see you guys on track.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:26 pm

I think my main issue with running with the assists off was actually my controller setup (or lack off). Now I have sorted that I can run the cars with no TCS and no STM. I can also run with no ABS but find my laptimes are more consistent with it on for the moment.

After having my first "race" on Saturday I will be coming back for more and have also got a copy of the Game of the year edition of Project Cars on the way so that I have access to more cars / tracks.

those of you that were in the race, I have solved my stalling problem. It was because I had the manual clutch selected.

I did have buttons assigned to start the car and eventually worked out that it wouldn't start without the clutch depressed. I lost so much time because of this "issue", tho hopefully it won't happen again.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down