Series Information and Technical Regulations

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Series Information and Technical Regulations Empty Series Information and Technical Regulations

Post by Admin Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:16 am

Series Information and Technical Regulations Gt1_th10

Welcome to the DSRL Global GT Championship. The next championship take us nearly 20 years when Sportscar racing was fought out between Mercedes, McLaren, Porsche and Toyota is the, at the time, hugely advanced GT1 category.

Two of these cars are included in Project CARS and we now look forward to pitching these 2 cars together to find out who is the fastest historic sportscar driver.

There will be 2 races per night. A feature race of 80 miles then followed by a sprint race of 40 miles which will contain a reverse grid. Rolling starts will be used for both races. Qualifying will take place over 20 minutes and then going straight into the feature race. There will be no pitstop requirements in either of the races as the series will be a strictly default setup series. With this in mind, damage will be set to 'visual only' and no safety cars will be called. If you want to stay at the front, stay away from contact (these are precious cars after all) and keep it on rack.

To ease waiting around for lobbies to be worked out and setup between qualifying and the races, the DSRL staff have decided on a division system. The week before round 1, there will be a seeding shootout. All drivers will use the car that they have registered with and then invited to a 30 minute session at a circuit not on the calendar to decide who will race with who. The division you qualify for will be yours for the entirety of the championship.

So which classic GT1 car will you choose for the DSRL Global GT Championship?

Calendar

Seeding Shootout: October 30th, 30 minute session
Round 1: November 6th, Brands Hatch GP
Round 2: November 13th, Sonoma Raceway GP
Round 3: November 20th, Oschersleben GP
Round 4: November 27th, Zhuhai
Round 5: December 4th, Barcelona GP
Round 6: December 11th, Le Mans Bugatti
Round 7: December 18th, Hockenheim GP
Round 8: January 8th, Nurburgring Combined

Registration

Competitiors are required to register for the championship prior to entering a race. Competitiors will be running on their own and therefore there will be no teams championship. Competitors are required to choose their car. Once each competitor has competed in one race they will not be permitted to change car for the rest of the championship.  Register here.

Competitors are requested to view the current entry list before picking their car and livery number as to avoid clashing with another driver.  Once the livery is picked, a competitor is required to use that livery for all remaining races.

Driver Divisions

Each driver for the DSRL Global GT Championship will be placed into a division with drivers of similar ability. A 30 minute seeding shootout will take place on Sunday 30th October and this will ensure drivers are placed into their appropriate division. All drivers must use the car they have registered with, in the seeding shootout. Any drivers not able to attend the Seeding shootout must contact one of the DSRL staff members and agree and time and date to complete a 30 minute session in private.

Race format

All weather is set to real weather based on conditions in real life, late evening or dusk time races will be determined by the particular
track. These conditions will apply for all sessions.                    

Qualifying

20 mins
Competitors will be take part in a 20 minute qualifying session to determine their grid position.

Race 1

80 MILES
An 80 mile feature race straight after qualifying. Drivers will pull away from the grid in qualifying order and proceed with a formation lap. Drivers will then form up for a rolling race start.

Race 2

40 MILES
A 40 mile sprint race. Drivers will pull away from the grid in reversed finishing order from Race 1 and proceed with a formation lap. Drivers will then form up for a rolling race start.

assists
Damage: Visual Only
Automatic transmission
ABS will be permitted

The points will be awarded according to finishing position on the following basis:

1st - 35
2nd - 32
3rd - 30
4th - 28
5th - 26
6th - 25

Points will reduce by 1 point by all following positions until 30th place. All remaining finishers will receive 1 point and be placed based on best finishing place.

There will be 4 dropped races from this championship for drivers, making your best 12 scores count towards the championship.  

Problems & Penalties
Incidents & corner cutting

Report incidents and/or corner cutting or overly defensive swerving/blocking immediately after the race to the Mods.

SAVE THE REPLAY! Or RECORD THE CLIP. We may not be able to see the incident from our perspective.

We are concerned that people during practice sessions are cutting corners too much. Regardless of what other series do, if you see someone outside the whitelines, tell them there and then. Anyone found
doing this repeatedly/deliberately will be penalised, either in points or by exclusion from the ongoing championship.

DO NOT hesitate about reporting, it will be confidential and will make the racing here cleaner, therefore better and more fun! We may need you to make and upload a clip.

It's the responsibility of the person overtaking to ensure they make a clean pass! If you do hit someone (we appreciate accidents do happen!), make sure you give them the spot back.

If you feel that you were a victim of unsportsmanlike behaviour or intentionally taken of the track. Please present footage of the incident in question to the organisers within 72 hours of the end of the event. Any inquiries will be, at best, closed and penalties applied before the next event.

Connection issues

Driver loses his connection to the lobby?
At the start of the next heat he will start from the back.
In case of multiple DNF's or DNS's this is sorted by the host (faster driver starts at the back).

Please make sure your connection is fine and your ports are forwarded (even if your connection acts fine).
Try www.speedtest.net, your ping is the most important (lower=better, generally below 50ms).

Broadcasting

We request that there will be no broadcasting through Twitch. This is to aid the quality of lobby connections

Last edited by Webbers88 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Series Information and Technical Regulations Empty Re: Series Information and Technical Regulations

Post by d4ninho Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:20 pm

so no traction control or stability?

d4ninho

d4ninho
​​
​​

Back to top Go down

Series Information and Technical Regulations Empty Re: Series Information and Technical Regulations

Post by Lemarrrrrr Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:25 am

fastest historic sportswear driver.
:lol!:

Lemarrrrrr

Lemarrrrrr

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:09 am

Lemarrrrrr wrote: fastest historic sportswear driver.
                            :lol!:

Stupid Autocorrect!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simmosumo Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:46 am

Why auto gears but no traction???????

Simmosumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:05 am

Simmosumo wrote:Why auto gears but no traction???????

Automatic gears gives potential newcomers to the game and league an easier starting ground than going straight for manual gears. Manual gears make the car much faster as it gives you more control over the attitude of the car through corners and also through the power and torque range.

No traction control is needed with these cars. Once the tyres are up to temperature they have more than enough grip to handle the torque for the engines.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemarrrrrr Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:00 pm

Webbers88 wrote:
Simmosumo wrote:Why auto gears but no traction???????

Automatic gears gives potential newcomers to the game and league an easier starting ground than going straight for manual gears. Manual gears make the car much faster as it gives you more control over the attitude of the car through corners and also through the power and torque range.

No traction control is needed with these cars. Once the tyres are up to temperature they have more than enough grip to handle the torque for the engines.  

I understand the need to recruit new members and that we should run competition so everyone can enjoy racing, but surely if the experience is "watered down" with no crash damage, ABS and automatic gearboxes then these factors will deter more experienced drivers? These cars are supposed to be difficult to drive and if we're going to have all the previously mentioned aids turned on then we might as well have the racing line along with the steering and braking aids on as well. New people are always welcome but we already have Stevies series for less experienced drivers and the Sunday night races have always been the jewel in the crown of our club.

Lemarrrrrr

Lemarrrrrr

Back to top Go down

Post by Simmosumo Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Just to clarify on my part I thought it was strange to have auto gears as I've not raced with auto gears in a very long time

Simmosumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:31 pm

Lemarrrrrr wrote:

I understand the need to recruit new members and that we should run competition so everyone can enjoy racing, but surely if the experience is "watered down" with no crash damage, ABS and automatic gearboxes then these factors will deter more experienced drivers? These cars are supposed to be difficult to drive and if we're going to have all the previously mentioned aids turned on then we might as well have the racing line along with the steering and braking aids on as well. New people are always welcome but we already have Stevies series for less experienced drivers and the Sunday night races have always been the jewel in the crown of our club.

I agree very much with a number of these. Problem we do have is that if you run a default setup series, then you can't have damage. If you have damage on, when you come into the pits you have no control as to what happens during the pitstop in regards tyres and fuel. ABS barely comes on with these cars and automatic gears are slower. Yes, I imagine that everyone uses manual gears. Hell! We've had automatic gears allowed since the league started! No one has said anything up until now!

I have had so many calls for a full, default series! I am trying to please everyone at some point. I very much doubt everyone will be happy all at the same time. But I can but try Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Why does a default set up dictate Visual Damage? If pitstops are the problem, turn off Tire Wear and Fuel Usage. Leave Damage Full. Drivers will still need to watch tire temps and contact.

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Rebel Whitey wrote:Why does a default set up dictate Visual Damage?  If pitstops are the problem, turn off Tire Wear and Fuel Usage.  Leave Damage Full.  Drivers will still need to watch tire temps and contact.  

The visual damage is more for a cosmetic effect, surprise surprise. Even with tyre and fuel usage off, I believe these are still affected during pitstops.

Having the fuel and tyre wear still on means the car will be have normally during the race and the balance changing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Automatic gears is easier for newcomers than traction control?????? webbers, are you on drugs,lol

if your picking series now to bring in newcomers then all assist would bring in more would it not?

why not just turn off all assists but allow tuning, or, pick better cars!!! and let us do what we want and race them our way.

the best series i have raced here was ginetta juniors as we ran as we wanted, that means heavy footed drivers can run ABS and traction and ppl that cant press buttons can run auto gears, the gulf series right now is another example of letting driver run with whatever they want to run turned on, how close where them races.

make ppl run a way they are not happy and the racing suffers.

d4ninho

d4ninho
​​
​​

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:02 pm

Cosmetic damage gives me a rash. Mad

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemarrrrrr Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:34 pm

I agree with Dan and Reb, if people want to race cars with a stock set up then they should get a copy of Project Gotham Racing. We're here for an immersive racing experience rather than a "gaming" experience. Like I said earlier, racing cars are difficult to drive and to pander to less experienced drivers isn't going to help them improve or challenge themselves. As a 'Sim' racing club we need to stay true to the elements of simulator racing, such as setting your car up to suit your driving, damage from contact with other cars or barriers. The large majority of people who race with us are experienced in sim racing and as I said in my last post we already have Stevie Lows fun races for people who have the capacity to set up a race car. If we're trying to fabricate different race winners then I'm certain that the more talented drivers will always shine regardless. What's the point of only having visual damage? If you have a shunt or an off then surely there should be some price to pay.

Lemarrrrrr

Lemarrrrrr

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:00 am

I don't mind stock set ups, for the most part. I want my sim racing experience to be as real and immersive as possible. That's part of the reason I joined the DSRL. Different strokes, for different folks Racers who choose to run Auto, unrealistic AIDS, and/or any view but COCKPIT should wear the scarlet "A" for any DSRL sanctioned event! Razz In my opinion, Cosmetic Damage invites bad judgement, and points penalties aren't always appropriate. DEDICATED FOREVER! :bounce:

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:57 am

Right heres my piece.
Every series the DSRL has ever ran has allowed tuning. Not eveyone likes tuning but it has been there. This series has been designed by the owner of the forum with a lot of thought and time. He has invested a nunber of hours into the testing of these cars as they have different abilitys at each track. Therefore the tracks selected are there to make it balanced and fair for everyone.

No tuning is allowed as like i said not everyone likes tuning. Not everyone can tune. This makes it harder for them guys. The experience should be fun for everyone and this series being default tune is not the end of the world. The next one will no doubt allow tuning again. But we have a lot of people to cater for and thats what we are trying to do. And default tune provides an even playing field and its down to the driver. Learning the car and not his tune. For me, i welcome default setup as numerous people have said to me that i am only fast because of my tune. Now i get the chance to prove them wrong.

The damage is an issue with default setups as when you crash and get damage you will have to pit, and in that pit stop you have no control over what will happen. It may give you wet tyres it may not. Its luck of the draw. Not being funny, but if you are all the 'sim' racers you claim to be you should be able to race side by side, damge on or off. It should make no differece. And if your going for banzi moves from miles back then you just have no race craft and need to learn to race fair.

We should all be capable of racing clean. Yeah if you make a mistake and go off and hit a well there is less of a penalty but default setup racing ia that close you will lose a ton of time you wont get back easily.

Now to the assists.
ABS is something you dont have to run. If you want it off turn it off. You dont have to use it. But we will force the others off as its easy to drive these cars without.

And as a argument for cockpit cam only. If you want it its there but for the casual racer you can use other views. I get that Dan might be more of a sim guy but he uses chase cam. I mean how can you argue its not sim enough and use chase cam. Come on!

This is the way this particular series will be ran. Its been different for nearly every series assists wise and this time you will just have to bite the bullet and compete as you want to. The next might suit you better. But until then. This is the way its going to be.

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:13 am

Something I would too is, default setup is a bit of an unknown for us and we want to try something different and new. We've ran similar series in the past, with all the assist, tuning, etc, and this series will give us a chance to see if these race settings are actually enjoyable.

We can't say anything is good or bad unless we try it. Like Aid said, we will go back to adjustable tunes in the next series.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Simmosumo Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:10 pm

Wow let's have a heated debate. Lol

Simmosumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Simmosumo Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:11 pm

Even on the forum Aid says more than everyone else. ;-)

Simmosumo

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Simmosumo wrote:Wow let's have a heated debate. Lol
Its not a debate tbh. Its explaing the reasons for he choices for the series. We are just trying new things. And trying to please everybody at once is very hard.

Simmosumo wrote:Even on the forum Aid says more than everyone else. ;-)
I do indeed, someone needed to explain it all though ;-) hahaa

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Simmosumo Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Didn't think you'd get the Mrs Merton referance

Simmosumo

Back to top Go down

Series Information and Technical Regulations Empty sat on the fence

Post by stevielow Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:19 pm

I'm here and as always, I've looked into the lion pit and now I've jumped in, obviously brandishing a big stick.

so where do I begin, firstly can everyone please have a little more empathy for the people involved in trying to set up events, while trying to keep everyone happy...... which is no mean feat in itself.

I have looked at all the comments and opinions of those that have posted them...... and they say Brexit is complicated.

I have always maintained, not just in PCARS but when I used to race with guys on FORZA that, firstly everyone should be in cockpit view, otherwise "it aint sim racing" !... sorry if I've already offended anyone saying that, but if you want realism then that's slightly contradictory.

Default setups.
As I'm sure you are all aware I am a big advocate of this..... why? because its a level playing ground, some of the best racing I've had on PCARS has been run in this format...... ultimately we all have to decide what we want, personally I want to race, which means that if I'm in the middle of the field, the person in front of me has no distinct advantage, other than driving ability, and the person behind me is always a threat.

Negating the need for pit stops is, with the game in its current state, a positive and I think we have lost sight of that, I love pit stops, as I'm quite good on tyres, but some of us have experienced incorrect pit stops.... which is so demoralising.

we have to remember that, this is still a work in progress and although it doesn't suit everyone, we have to try different formats, cars, tracks, classes etc etc..... ultimately it has to be fun and competitive.

Driving Aids.

we can not assume that everyone that races has a wheel etc., if you do then you already have an advantage, I feel, but for those that don't, it helps and just because it doesn't suit a particular member, no name no pack drill, is no reason to not allow them. we are trying to create events that is enjoyable to all.

Tuning and all the other stuff.

we have to remember, that sunday nights, is for some, the only time that they can race, they may not have the time to practise during the week, tweaking and tuning a car, those of us that consider ourselves as "Sim racers" should just get on with it and deal with the series regs and conditions. This series may not suit you or have elements that your not happy with, but is it really a big deal?
we now have various events running and I'm sure more will come, even ones that might keep everyone happy, however until that happens I think we should try and support the current events available and burn our soap boxes.

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to those involved in creating all the events and for making the website interesting and informative. keep up the good work chaps and don't stick your heads up too far when the flack is coming in.

I'm now going back into my bunker ready for the barrage.

Stevie Low

stevielow

stevielow

​

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmWvptjTrmCImdVWfEQ77pA

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Aid,

i never once said it needs to be more sim like, i am all for letting ppl run with whatever assist they want, surely we want everyone driving the way the think they run fastest.
Yes i use chase cam as it gives a better all round view, cockpit is not realistic in games, you cannot glance left or right when you want, you can assign buttons to it but you have no peripheral vision so you either look ahead or you look to the side, if your saying we should all be looking to the side coming up to corners then there will be even more crashes than there is now!!.

If you let ppl race how they want using any assists they want you will get closer racing, the guys who want to run with it all turned off can still enjoy it and so can the ppl who run with everything on, if there are any of those.
ppl say assists off is faster so why limit ppl that want to run with them on, surely if they are faster then ppl naturally will learn to run without them over time in a safe manor rather than have to when they are not ready.

i know what it takes to run a site i did it for neary 2 years on 2 forza games and pcars and the best racing i have had is when ppl can run how they like.

At the end of the day we are not race drivers we are gamers, we do not spend hours testing we turn up and want to race close and fair, surely the easiest way to achieve that is whatever assists we want.

with the new upcoming rules and regs perhaps a decision needs to be made, either let drivers run with what ever they want or go fully sim and everything is off and locked to cockpit, picking and choosing just means it helps some and not others.

d4ninho

d4ninho
​​
​​

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:00 pm

d4ninho wrote:Aid,

i never once said it needs to be more sim like, i am all for letting ppl run with whatever assist they want, surely we want everyone driving the way the think they run fastest.
Yes i use chase cam as it gives a better all round view, cockpit is not realistic in games, you cannot glance left or right when you want, you can assign buttons to it but you have no peripheral vision so you either look ahead or you look to the side, if your saying we should all be looking to the side coming up to corners then there will be even more crashes than there is now.

Yeah if you map left and right buttons you can look left and right when you need too.
You dont need to do it every corner.
Just when you need to. You should have an idea where people are when they make a move. Keep and eye on your rear view mirror.

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:16 pm

But why does every event have to suit everyone? The 200k wasn't working for me, so I sucked it up and departed, Surely we can have open events, locked down events (helmet cam, lines off etc) standard setting events and open set up events. If we all muck in to help grow the community we will have more options, if we implode now it'll be pretty tricky to attract new members.
With regards p cars I would be happier sucking at it, knowing that the folks i was competing against were all using the same full sim style as me, because I enjoy the testing and learning the track aspect of the game too, whereas getting roasted for sucking by guys who use a more pick up and play set up can be a bit of a nut kick.
Perhaps we need to look at running different versions of the same series, at exactly the same time? Jussafaught

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next