200k Chat!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

200k Chat! Empty 200k Chat!

Post by Admin Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:39 am

So the first round is here!

With an endurance race series back on the DSRL, there have been some changes with the classes (and some removal) and now tyres that don't last anywhere near as long as they used to.

So what are you looking forward to? What are you not looking forward to? Do you have any expectations? Who do you think you will be battling?

Who's going to go first?....

Admin

Back to top Go down

200k Chat! Empty Re: 200k Chat!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:48 am

Shall be an interesting race this with the touring cars they look fun to drive, Going to be a bad time for GT3 cars if get stuck behind one through a twisty bit.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:13 pm

I would like to make it to the flag without being punted off or being the meat in someones sandwich

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:14 pm

I would like to be a millionaire with an attractive wife but it's not happening so prepare for a trip to the gravel Duff :lol!:

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Just one trip? I'll take that all day long duder!!!

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Remember boys, this is an endurance series. No need to start the shenanigans in Turn 1, Lap 1. Very Happy

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:02 pm

I will probably start the shenanigans on the formation lap.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Whitey Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:54 am

Great opening round! I rolled the dice, and went with a one stop strategy. With a little more talent, and fewer mistakes, it could have worked. This series is going to be a blast. Thanks DSRL!

Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:45 am

I really didn't enjoy it. I was 20 secs behind someone and 20 ahead of the next car. Apart from having to move over for GT3 cars rarely saw anyone so called it a night.

Ill be honest i don't think splitting as you did is going to work it's no fun racing just 4/5 other cars if wanted to do that id just join an F1 2016 online lobby. You would be better off as GT3 one group and TC imho.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:15 pm

boothy116 wrote:I really didn't enjoy it. I was 20 secs behind someone and 20 ahead of the next car. Apart from having to move over for GT3 cars rarely saw anyone so called it a night.

Ill be honest i don't think splitting as you did is going to work it's no fun racing just 4/5 other cars if wanted to do that id just join an F1 2016 online lobby.  You would be better off as GT3 one group and TC imho.

Thing is then mate its not multiclass
We may as well run s TC series and a GT3 series. If we had 16 it would be 8 vs 8 in a lobby.

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:48 pm

that's endurance racing i'm afraid, it's you against the track, can you keep your concentration for a longer time, i'm pretty sure the only person that did in our lobby was micko, he ran away with the race making no mistakes, i know i made some and luckily the guys in front of me did too but it is a weird formula.

it's all about strategy now, can you run on hard tyres without losing too much time so that your last stint can be on softs, it's what got me 2nd in my lobby, i came out on softs when others had pitted earlier and burnt there tyres, i closed a 10 second gap to beat them by the same margin in just 7 laps, ragged my tyres but i only needed them for 7 laps so it was fine.

This series will be all about who gets the fuel and tyres right, and we will find out who drives smooth and who(me) throws the car about and just holds on,lol.

d4ninho

d4ninho
​​
​​

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:10 pm

aidtheace wrote:
boothy116 wrote:I really didn't enjoy it. I was 20 secs behind someone and 20 ahead of the next car. Apart from having to move over for GT3 cars rarely saw anyone so called it a night.

Ill be honest i don't think splitting as you did is going to work it's no fun racing just 4/5 other cars if wanted to do that id just join an F1 2016 online lobby.  You would be better off as GT3 one group and TC imho.

We may as well run s TC series and a GT3 series. If we had 16 it would be 8 vs 8 in a lobby.

I think it's best i drop out then sorry. No point doing something not going to enjoy. Good luck guys :flower: I can see the idea behind it but it's not for me.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurt MaGurt Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:15 pm

I love the endurance races. Except for my first stint it was a bit lonely but I love just getting in the zone and fighting the track and changing tire conditions.
Gutted i missed top lobby by .2 seconds but quali was so close. 1 second covering 2nd-7th and only .25 covering 3rd-6th. I would really like to have seen how my strategy would have played out in the top lobby as well. I also finished about a minute ahead of everyone else, basically due to (amazingly) no spins and only 1 cut track at the chicane at the very end of my 2nd stint. Hopefully we have more numbers next week and we can have 2 fully lobbies.

Hurt MaGurt

Hurt MaGurt

Back to top Go down

Post by DSRL McDuff Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:06 pm

For me, as a rookie, it feels like a great way to learn the ropes and work on consistency etc. I had woeful lag issues last night and only really shared track with one other, but besides that it was ok. Oh, that and I fudged my last put stop by asking for no extra fuel (had 11 laps worth in the tank) only to come out with a full tank :/

DSRL McDuff

DSRL McDuff

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:57 pm

boothy116 wrote:
aidtheace wrote:

I think it's best i drop out then sorry. No point doing something not going to enjoy. Good luck guys :flower:  I can see the idea behind it but it's not for me.

Maybe next race will be alot different mate. Weather plays apart in the experience but we only had clear this week. And also in a 16 player lobbu we may have 8 TC and 8 GT3 which would be better on the racing side of things
Maybe stick around and see how you feel and sorry that you feel that way.

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonz01 Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Also can you answer this for me? Some of the lads on the BMW Z4 said they openly picked it because stability control in always in use no matter if it's off in settings? If so I would like to change my car

Simonz01

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Ah, in one way yes there is and in another, no there isn't.

If the settings were to 'Real Assists' then the BMW does make use of it's own Stability control. However, the settings this series uses is 'Allows TCS and ABS'. So no car is able to use STM, even if it fitted with it. So there is no benefit to using the BMW to gain an advantage.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:17 pm

yeah not sure where this "built in" talk comes from I've heard a bit about. It's there if assists are on real (unlike any other gt3 car) but they're set to only TCS and ABS for this series so stability can't be used, as seen on the mini dash in game. Unless it's randomly bugged! really though, please no more Z4's lol there's too many for a class with like 10 different cars :roll:

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonz01 Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Also split classes into two lobbies? One for Tcs and one for gt3?

Simonz01

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:04 pm

but that would eliminate the point of multiclass racing...

EpilepticToast

EpilepticToast
Ten Time Champion
Ten Time Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonz01 Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Let's put it to a vote?

Simonz01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:58 pm

It's multiclass racing. It's what the series has been created to be and is also the foundation of the site.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TM aidtheace Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Unfortunatly Simoz we cant help that we only have 16 player lobbies to play with. We decided that the 200k series would be the sites signature series. The details have been up on the forum for ages and we have already done round 1 and nobody wanted to change it then so we cant have a vote now. If people wanted a TC lobby and a GT lobby then we would have ran 2 separate series.

TM aidtheace

TM aidtheace

​

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonz01 Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Calm down the last bit was a windup!

Simonz01

Back to top Go down

Post by EpilepticToast Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:44 pm

lol